No idle after a long run....?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strutt

Reaction score
Hi,

I had a fault over the weekend, 3 times actually and all in the same situations. (even had a copper help push me off a junction!)

When coming from the motorway to my exit junction (or being stopped in traffic), the van would not like to idle even when changing through the gears and trying to keep the revs up. i then would have the old hot start problem, and have to wait a minute or so until she would fire then.....she ran absolutely fine.

Normally she ticks over ok, and all the usuall stuff is fine, timing, all tinware in place etc
could it be that its getting too hot? :?

Thanks in advance,

Luke

It sounds similar to a problem I was having.. A new coil and tune up sorted mine out.. But a top tip from 67panel (Dave at MEB) did the trick for me. He suggested to 'lay off the gas slightly' a few miles before exiting the motorway. Mine was because it was getting a little bit hot I think. I usually start slowing down by around 5mph 5-10 miles before exiting the motorway. Works a treat! I know it does because I can see my temperature gauge drop to below 100C. Might be worth a go, but I guess there may well be something still not quite right if mine is getting a little hot when cruising. When I've spoke to folk about it most say they suffer similar when exiting the motorway, so I just take it in my stride.. :)

Yep it is stock and running a pancake filter :oops:
However I have a stock oil bath to fit....could this help?

Latest posts