Non-VW: Late Xmas Present!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gninnam

Reaction score
Last Christmas I was bought a great present from the wife and kids - a track day, Aston Martin DB9 Vantage and Audi R8.

Luckily the weather was great and I managed to not crash anything.

A few pics of one of the corners:

Overtook the Ferrari....
IMG_0859.jpg

Overtook the other R8.....
IMG_0876.jpg

Pulling away from the R8...
IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

Went around in a Scooby with an instructor first and when he found out I was doing the DB9 and R8 he suggested that I should go in the DB9 first then the R8 as I would get the best out of them.

Ended up having to do it in the opposite way.

And a short video of me driving the DB9 (first lap to not very fast...)

Which one was my favorite??

I preferred the DB9 over the R8 I'm afraid (could be because I was more used to the track) as I could ring its neck a bit more+++

Cheers

Cheers guys (just a bit quicker than the bus....)

The cars are not limited which surprised me too, but the track is only 1.8 miles and on the last corner past the pits you are limited to 40mph (health and safety b@ll@cks) which dilutes the lap quite a lot.

Would recommend it though as I really enjoyed it. :mrgreen:

I did the Ferrari day at Bruntingthorpe, Brilliant fun, i got to 145mph down the straight and that was enough for me!

IMG_1313b.jpg

This year i have been bought aqua sphereing , rolling down a big hill inside a ball containing water, the nearest you can get to be inside a washing machine - oh joy!!

Paulwillie1000 said:
This year i have been bought aqua sphereing , rolling down a big hill inside a ball containing water, the nearest you can get to be inside a washing machine - oh joy!!

Hmmm, that sounds fun :mrgreen:

Latest posts