Gadgets Speed Shop Presents 1968 Deluxe Bay,The Gadget Bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Gadget,

the bus is simply amazing...
I especially like how you redrilled the beam.
Could you possibly post a few how to pics or explain how this is done? Please please ... :roll:

My alltime favourite Deluxe, all the pictures you see of it are when it is out and about doing what it was built for. A bit closer to the ground than originally planned ( by Ben Pon and his disciples) but that's all good too.
I've got a pic saved on a disc somewhere of it side by side with a 23 window something going down the straight of a track at a meet somewhere. Makes me dance on the inside every time I think of it.
I'll get busy and find that pic to add to the thread.

has gadget always owned this bus ? seen it in a mag a few years back ? i see the panelvan has changed hands, so just wounderd if this was a new toy or ongoing thing ?

this has always been gadgets bus. the panel was his other project (jammy bugger to own two great vans). this one is fantastic in the flesh and hopefully when mine is done it should be dripping in as many cool trinkets :D

yup, always been gadgets bus, before that it was in Italy........

its a repro empi sticker under the radio....

panel was sold to buy a house...... 8)

this has got to be one of, if not the ultimate earlybay i love it :)
want to see it in the flesh now tho!good work gadget :)

I thought the AirKraft bus was the best, probably is the best Westy but this HAS to be the best tin top, love it :mrgreen:

thanks for all the kind words guys , Yes she has always been mine and Ive no intention of Ever selling her . Im rolling her out again this year as shes been hidden away for a year an a half as i rocked the panel . Watch out for the updates and have some new big plans too :mrgreen:

still waiting for 'pre gadget' images...did you ever manage to sort any deano?!?
btw... im in tamworth on saturday 1st of Aug for wedding...think theres camping at the venue for the night so might be up in the van if i can afford the petrol!!!! :lol:

jp :mrgreen:

Hi Gadget, Awesome bus!! This is probably my fave after mine.

Two questions though if you don't mind:
How did you fit your headlight grills? I've got some but can't workout how to fit them.
How did you get the rearview mirror to fit?

Thanks dude

->Adam

Ok the frt light grills are from a place called Europa car parts in Tutbury near burton o trent . they usually do parts for ac cobra kit cars . I bent the clips in a vice to fit between the glass an the rim an when you clip the headlight assembly back together it holds it all in place . The rear view mirror is one of 25 made by a guy in london and i had to drill fresh holes into it to match up with the og 68 holes . Your bus has a clip in mirror Right ?? :mrgreen:

thanks dude! I'm in the process of merging a clip-in mirror with the surf board - bloody pain in the ass!

I've got a spare headlight (with cracked glass) so I'll get on with bending the clips!

Thanks very much!

hey adamski...just been looking at pics of ya bus....it flookin rocks!!!!! stance is spot on!!!

was gonna say...i sandwiched the bent clips in between the headlamp glass and bowl...just the same!
but i just gaffa taped my mirroe onto the old mirror arm.... lame...but it works!!!

jp

Latest posts