• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

NOS Rear hatch for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

empi pervert

Reaction score
New old stock rear hatch for sale

Think it's a pre '72 one

Bosch_010044.jpg

£99

Will be at Dubfreeze

sorry to hi-jack but whats difference between pre '72 and post '72 hatches???

Fairly certain that early hatch (tailgate) has capive nut centres closer to one another (where hinge bolts attach).

I think there may be a subtle difference to the area where the lock handle attaches too.

And early hatches will have holes drilled for "Volkswagen" script badge

Fortunate Son said:
Fairly certain that early hatch (tailgate) has capive nut centres closer to one another (where hinge bolts attach).

I think there may be a subtle difference to the area where the lock handle attaches too.

And early hatches will have holes drilled for "Volkswagen" script badge

I'll check for deffo this weekend :wink:

Nick

Does it have the holes for the catches at either side of the opening? To guide the tailgate against the bodywork?

If it does I would like to come and have a look tomorrow (if possible)

Cheers

TRAINSPOTTER

trainspotter said:
Nick

Does it have the holes for the catches at either side of the opening? To guide the tailgate against the bodywork?

If it does I would like to come and have a look tomorrow (if possible)

Cheers

TRAINSPOTTER

ygpm

Sorry only just got back on line

Didn't see email before Dubfreeze and bought one there - bugger this looks in mint condition!

Cheers

Trainspotter

i cant belive this hasnt sold, dude chuck some primer on it, chuck it in a lake for a few weeks and the put it up for £150, that'll sell as its rat look! :lol:

Sod it, can't believe no one wants a NOS hatch for waaaaaaaaaaaaaay less than used ones are selling for :roll: :roll: :( :(

I'm keeping it for 6 months then advertising it at £150

Buy now or weep later :wink:

empi pervert said:
Sod it, can't believe no one wants a NOS hatch for waaaaaaaaaaaaaay less than used ones are selling for :roll: :roll: :( :(

I'm keeping it for 6 months then advertising it at £150

Buy now or weep later :wink:

…that's cos you need to include the terms 'Rat', 'Patina' and/or 'O/G' (whatever the f*ck that means) in your ad :roll: ;)

Latest posts