NZ 71 Panel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZ_71

Reaction score
Hi,

Thread to document the build of my 71 Panel from NZ , purchased de-registered and needing re-compliance to be put back on the road.

Van seems in 'ok' (as in restorable!) shape rust wise, but the body has taken a hammering as was used as a tradie van up until coming off the road - floor panels are hammered! Originally was a german postal service van i have been told as such is left hand drive.

Looking to repair rust, re-do interior, notch the front and rear and slam to the ground with air ride, 15 inch wide rims (period), ratty paint.

I work in IT, but have done a fair bit of work on Japanese cars in the past - engine conversions etc but no welding/fab stuff... a friend is an engineer with heaps of experience (and loves VWs ...has a 59 rat beetle) and keen to help/teach me to weld etc, excited to learn something new!

Unfortunately need to find or build an engine also... looking forward to diving in!

IMG_9012 by Josh, on Flickr

IMG_9011 by Josh, on Flickr

IMG_9009 by Josh, on Flickr

IMG_9007 by Josh, on Flickr

IMG_9005 by Josh, on Flickr

IMG_9002 by Josh, on Flickr

IMG_8999 by Josh, on Flickr
Ugh those side windows need to go!

haha thanks Steve, yeah Christchurch - photos are a bit of a give away! are you here also? love to see your van...

Latest posts