• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

OG 1970 Adventurewagen no longer for sale!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

squareweave

Reaction score
I have up for sale my OG paint Adventurewagen. It was originally delivered to San Antonio Texas (still have the original license plate frame) and made its was over to La Jolla California.

It is and original Savannah Beige van with the original brown mats intact and in good shape. The front interior is in good shape an I have sourced an beautiful used original two tone brown backrest cover for the drivers seat as it has a bit of wear to it. The original interior is all there including a 12v/120volt fridge which I also have sourced a second fridge that will go with the van. The camper interior is showing a bit of age and could stand to be redone or just cleaned up for an og look. It has a two burner stove with the original propane tank for it still on the underside of the van. Also has a sink and water tank.

As far as the body goes it has the usual rust at the bottom of the windshield (yes even California vans rust here). I will need a few very small spots cleaned up but over all a very clean van. The front floors are in great shape. Somebody went crazy with the spray paint and "touched up" some spots on the van but it seams to come off with just your fingernail.

The brakes are new. The motor starts right up even after sitting. I have personally never drove this van as I bought it for a road trip to California last summer and ended up taking another van instead. I am offering it up for sale as I am a bit tight on storage and could use the space. If it doesn't sell I will be bringing it into the shop and getting her going myself. I have a lot of parts that I have collected for the van that will go with it as well so anything that may not be installed on the van in the pictures I probably have .

If you are looking for something a little in a different camper van than the usual Westies out there than this may be for you. Its super useful and original from the 70's not something that somebody just made up from a deluxe van in the past year with no character. I believe it is priced quite cheap for the condition of the van. It will need to be gone through but still a very complete tidy van for a project.

One other note, scammers I know the deal so move on and don't waist either of our time!!!!

Please call if you are interested and I can explain in detail the van.
Richard
Home 604 538-9786
Cell 604 377-7849

P2040051.jpg

P1190016.jpg

P1190042.jpg

P1190022.jpg

P1190037.jpg

P1190028.jpg

P1190030.jpg

P1190031.jpg

P1190019.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo.jpg

Hi Richard,

Very interested in you Adventurer if it is still for sale. I used to have a 1970 RHD Savannah Beige Baywindow and would now like a hightop version. Could you recommend a shipper company to handle the shipment side of things or would you expect me to have the van collected from you after having arranged payment etc..
How bad is the windscreen rust you mentioned and is the rust under the spray paint superfiscial?
Would like to know more generally about the van really,
thanks

Graham

grahamblockhead said:
Hi Richard,

Very interested in you Adventurer if it is still for sale. I used to have a 1970 RHD Savannah Beige Baywindow and would now like a hightop version. Could you recommend a shipper company to handle the shipment side of things or would you expect me to have the van collected from you after having arranged payment etc..
How bad is the windscreen rust you mentioned and is the rust under the spray paint superfiscial?
Would like to know more generally about the van really,
thanks

Graham

U have a PM

8) my dream is an adventurwagen ...someone will be very lucky!

Here are a few more pictures that some of you asked for. I have a few more but need to put them on photobucket yet.

P1010007.jpg

Original aluminum vent, most have been replaced by a fiberglass one over time.
P1010010.jpg

Undersealed from day one!
P1010016.jpg

P1010022.jpg

Drivers side rocker.
P1010017.jpg

OG Hehr window open great. I also have nos decals for them too!
P1010036.jpg

Barn Find? so over used unless you have the proof
P1010065.jpg

NOW open to serious offers as I now seriously need the space. The only reason that I am selling this is that I have two other bays and wouldn't get to this bus for a few years and really can use the extra space!!

I have come to my senses and decided to build this van. Keep you eyes posted in the gallery as I update the thread I started on this van last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts