• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

OG VW style rear MUDFLAP BRACKETS

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doris said:
Hi all,

I'm going to get some of these made up for my bus....Just wondered if anyone else would be interested if I got a run of mud flap brackets reproduced in the style of the original Volkswagen ones.OG NOS ones are near on impossible to come across.I'd be using a widely distributed template matching the original design. they'll be a sturdy old design!!

VWmudflapbracket.jpg

as in this link......
http://forum.georgiadubs.com/t774-plans-bay-window-mud-flap-plans-revised" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are made up of 4 pieces laser cut for precision.They have to be bent to spec on a press.I've had a word with an engineering company,I'd have to buy 10 sets.payment would have to be in advance of production obviously.

They would cost £39.85 a set (both sides for rear) but that includes painted Satin black & include stainless steel nuts,bolts & washers.

- can post for extra
- can powder coat for extra

anyone want a set?

1.Doris

are there any plans to make any more of these ?

lobie said:
Doris said:
Hi all,

I'm going to get some of these made up for my bus....Just wondered if anyone else would be interested if I got a run of mud flap brackets reproduced in the style of the original Volkswagen ones.OG NOS ones are near on impossible to come across.I'd be using a widely distributed template matching the original design. they'll be a sturdy old design!!

VWmudflapbracket.jpg

as in this link......
http://forum.georgiadubs.com/t774-plans-bay-window-mud-flap-plans-revised" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are made up of 4 pieces laser cut for precision.They have to be bent to spec on a press.I've had a word with an engineering company,I'd have to buy 10 sets.payment would have to be in advance of production obviously.

They would cost £39.85 a set (both sides for rear) but that includes painted Satin black & include stainless steel nuts,bolts & washers.

- can post for extra

anyone want a set?

1.Doris

It never happend in the first place. :cry:
You seem to get alot of that on here sorry to say. :(

terrier man said:
lobie said:
Doris said:
Hi all,

VWmudflapbracket.jpg

as in this link......

- can post for extra

anyone want a set?

1.Doris

It never happend in the first place. :cry:
You seem to get alot of that on here sorry to say. :(

ok so this never got of the ground but if 10 of us put our names foward it could happen
come on people

1.lobie
2.doris
3.sydney1
4.fire3500

1.lobie
2.doris
3.sydney1
4.fire3500
5.terrier man.
6.kombi zombie
7. R73
8. Creationblue
9. FoZ

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

1.lobie
2.doris
3.sydney1
4.fire3500
5.terrier man.
6.kombi zombie
7. R73
8. Creationblue
9. Carlos
10.FoZ

Who left Carlos out. :( well we got 10 anybody else? would like these on by the Spring, I mean this Spring. :lol: ;)

1.lobie
2.doris
3.sydney1
4.fire3500
5.terrier man.
6.kombi zombie
7. R73
8. Creationblue
9. Carlos
10.FoZ
11.toffo

1.lobie
2.doris
3.sydney1
4.fire3500
5.terrier man.
6.kombi zombie
7. R73
8. Creationblue
9. Carlos
10.FoZ
11.toffo
12.Gwar72

not forgot about this lads, however please bear in mind that when I started this thread in Jan 2012,I had a bit more time to do this and there wasn't enough interest to see it through.It seems we have the numbers now but my Circumstances are different now so bear with me.

I'll go and see the engineer to day and see if the pricing is still the same and let you all know.I need to confirm if these will fit early as well as late/crossover.

Cheers - Rob

p.s. feel free to add names as we go along.

1.lobie
2.doris
3.sydney1
4.fire3500
5.terrier man.
6.kombi zombie
7. R73
8. Creationblue
9. Carlos
10.FoZ
11.toffo
12.Gwar72