• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Oil bath air filter STAND wanted

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberdyne systems

Reaction score
Hi, i'm after the stand that the oil bath air filter sits on thats sometimes removed when twin carb's are fitted

Here is a pic:

503133.jpg

Its spot welded in place, so if anyone has removed i'd be interested in getting hold of it.

Cheers
Gareth

I have one which I'm no longer using, but it's not in the way.
If I could remove it without damaging the bus you are welcome to have it.
I'll have a look.

If anyone manages to come up with one I would appreciate the dimensions of it .
I am going to try and get one made and pop rivet it in place.

Cheers and good luck

Ferg said:
I have one which I'm no longer using, but it's not in the way.
If I could remove it without damaging the bus you are welcome to have it.
I'll have a look.

Thanks Ferg, its my understanding its spot welded in place, you'd be a big help if you could get it for me, and it would would go down well with Santa, he'll be sure to visit you then!

I'll sort you out something for doing it too :lol:

Gareth

Hi Gareth,

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to say no on this.
It IS spotwelded, but it's also seam welded around it's lower join and 'plug' (?) welded onto the wheelarch.
I just don't want to take the grinder to it... :(
The engine is out at the moment though, so if you'd like some unobscured pics and dimensions I could do that for you.
F

Hey thanks for looking, yeah any pics of it and maybe dimensions etc would be really helpful!

I`m also looking for one of these.

I just got an oil bath air filter, went to fit it and someone has cut mine off :x
I still have bottom piece in place, was cut off 2 inches up.

Seems this is quite a common thing to do!

Great pics, gives all of us that no longer have one an idea what it should be like

Gareth

Hey there, i'm about to remove mine in order to fit twin 40's, do you want the whole thing? Let us know if your intresterd dude.

hi, i couldn't face removing mine completely when fitting 44idf's so bent it down and cut a little off (may have got away without cutting any off)
04042008192-1.jpg

HI childsey i would have a few of these knocking around i could cut 1 off for you . only thing is i live in Ireland so not sure what the postage would be . if your interested let me know .

Latest posts