OK You Lovely People...What you up to this Weekend?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could be the weekend to start .... removing the westy interior. Not to sell, but over the next few weeks want to get some soundproofing in, replace the floor, replace the wood panels. Discovery time with fingers crossed!
smudge said:
Would love to say what ill be doing but dont know if im allowed too..but it involves a Single Cab and a bus :wink: :lol:

What I want to do: clear the bus out and get it ready for collection (going to Kulkklassix next week)

What the wife wants me to do: fix the wardrobe, re-hang door for understairs cupboard, put xmas dec's back in loft (even though she got them out!), tidy up the garden.

Any bets on what I'll end up doing :)

With the help of few friends i will trying to get me new 10" x 19" workshop over the garage roof :shock: and in to the back garden.

Then i've got to sort the base and if there's time actually build it :)

bananacustard said:
Hopefully getting my bus back from having a new 1641 fitted :D and cleaning my Fastback as I unfortunately have to sell it :( .

Partial to a type 3, info/pics please. Took my mate Chris to hospital in my '69 after he fell off his TZR250 at Cadwell, then the pair of us went to Le Man for the 24hr (in the fastback). Think that was '87. Was the year Jaguar came back to the race and won! Party or what?!!
Anyhow, sorry you have to part with it, be assured if were to come in my direction it would be going to a loving home! As before, info/pics please.
Oh, and my boy has a hockey tournament on Sunday, 9.30 to 1.00pm, so lunch and that's the day gone effectively. Otherwise, paperwork from April last year and the usual exciting domestic stuff (hoover,dust,laundry etc). Anyone want a swap? Especially if you can do the front brakes, all the parts are there, I'll keep the tea flowing....

Removing the 4" narrowed front beam and fitting the brand new standard one from Red9. Need to get hold of a couple of lower torsion arms as the shock mounts on the ones I've got got mullered when I had to grind off the old shocks (yes, they were stuck solid!). Anyone know where I can get some without waiting for 4 weeks from somewhere like CoolAir?

Phil Dowling said:
So what you doing on Sunday then Smudge? I'm going for a training ride then meeting a foreign guy with a trailer :lol:
Suppose we could tell some people now...

abought time u got a bus smudge..........Volksworld line up march :wink:

i supect you a phil may have a cunning plan :mrgreen:

my weekend plans are to dynamat the roof of my engine bay and fit my diy replacement for the worn out tarboard

and have a damn good drive about with my co-driver ( wifes at work, so take nipper for a spin)

VeeDubMan said:
Removing the 4" narrowed front beam and fitting the brand new standard one from Red9. Need to get hold of a couple of lower torsion arms as the shock mounts on the ones I've got got mullered when I had to grind off the old shocks (yes, they were stuck solid!). Anyone know where I can get some without waiting for 4 weeks from somewhere like CoolAir?

PM haveacamper, i believe he has a brand new set from coolair that are no longer needed.

Today i will be cleaning the SingleCab and making sure shes ready for a trailor ride at 9 oclock tomorrow morning..

Down the M4...to a bridge...across to a place exotic....called...erm....Wales!

There Im going to Meet some bloke who's only defence for the place is...We won a ruby game or 2!! :lol:

I will unload my single...load up a Bus have a cuppa tea and drive back a happy but sad to see the Single go Man...Day trip pics to be added 8)

Real looking forward to meeting you Guys .

PS...Wales is a bloody great place!...Alot better than the dump place i happen to live in with me claim being.....We have seven rounabouts...their MAGIC!!! :lol:

Well i was intending to fit my leisure battery but have now been informed were going shopping for.................
Some Saab seats, bring on the scrap yard challenge

Which single are you dropping off I hear some say???

This one
http://s393.photobucket.com/albums/pp13/vdubsmudge/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:cry: but 8) :D

There Im going to Meet some bloke who's only defence for the place is...We won a ruby game or 2!!

:lol:

Don't get me started now boyo...

Got the same feeling may shed a tear to see my van go :cry: but then i've got a kick ass single cab to play with :D

P.S i'll even clean the cups in the workshop as the English are visiting :wink:

Phil Dowling said:
There Im going to Meet some bloke who's only defence for the place is...We won a ruby game or 2!!

Don't get me started now boyo...

Got the same feeling may shed a tear to see my van go :cry: but then i've got a kick ass single cab to play with :D

P.S i'll even clean the cups in the workshop as the English are visiting :wink:

Ill bring me own cup Fella...only the best ENGLISH bone china is good enough for me!!..well a screwfix travel mug :roll: :lol:

1601a.JPG

Ah the dirty deeds being done then at last boys, dont think we couldnt read between the lines all along...

well I was hoping to be working on the van but, take my lad to watch rugby, followed by the clubhouse so that rules out today, tomorrow take my lad to play/train rugby and hopefully get a couple of hours on the bus before scrubbing up for work :roll:

Didn't want to junx it Araon! But yeah should be all good :D Been a geek in work with paint and bus selectra got me a proper signature from tomorrow

Had a few setbacks...like me blowing the engine but all good now, building my 1641 this week can't wait :D

Then i've got to crack on with the split :roll:

Sold my 72 crossover :( but played with my 68 westy :) and the DVLA Uk reg arrived :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sunday will be spent mainly in the garage

Latest posts