Olive & Biddy - | Fantastic CamperJam weekend |

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to clear things up a little:

It appears that a misunderstanding has played a key factor in the confusion surrounding the situation I now find myself in. Namely I asked for full air ride quote. ...Slamwerks originally quoted me for a full drop the body to the floor, engine/gearbox raise, tubbed, notched. ..all singing, all dancing setup for around £7k+
I got back to them with my actual budget allowance of around £5k and sent a pic of how low I wanted it with a photoshopped pic asking if that is possible with full air and within my budget.
They agreed yes...and here is where the confusion occurred!....Slamwerks stated that it was also possible without having to put air on the rear, but fitting adjustable spring plates to achieve the same height.... but keep air on the front for practicability. However in a phone call not long after I did clearly state to Guy I still definitely wanted air on the rear so height adjustment was possible for the back as well, due to having a tow bar.
The Quote was given and work went ahead.
Myself under the impression full air was being fitted as asked.....Slamwerks following their original quote with fitting adjustable spring plates

Im now currently in talks with Slamwerks to send me a complete break down of parts and prices including labour charges etc. to justify the money I paid, as the receipt given is somewhat brief in its description. Not received anything as yet

If parts are priced correctly and I have been charged correctly for the work done then I'll have no further issue with that side of things, and put it down to a hard lesson learnt, to make sure that in future everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet before proceeding!

My other issues have also yet to be addressed in due course.....

Thanks to everyone for your support, interest and opinions on my bus and this unfortunate situation
Foz

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

myvanway 69 said:
Stanford! 8) Foz... dont park near me!! :lol: .... unless you put some PSI in the front!!

:lol:

C U next week dude.

I'll park under your bus if it starts raining :lol:
Next week dude! look forward to it! ;)

It's a shame it all went like this, but even though it did the bus still looks cracking! I understand your disappointment in not getting what you wanted though, it's a lot of money to part with. All that aside though, why did it take so long?

Evolution is a wonderful thing.....

38717910151340110620936.jpg

Olskoolchris said:
Yeh Foz spotted your bus but not you, bus is lovely did you win owt?

I was probably battling the elements on the bank of the strip at the time mate :lol:

Didnt win owt! :sad:

burns808 said:
Whatever the issues, saw it in the show and shine this morning and it was looking excellent. Very impressed.

:)

Cheers mate! All the positive comments received on here and at the recent shows make the cost and hassle of it all seem worth while in the end :cool:

Happy to read it worked out well (having the bus back in time for the season)
And it's looking amazing, sit back and be proud :D

stuif said:
Happy to read it worked out well (having the bus back in time for the season)
And it's looking amazing, sit back and be proud :D

Cheers Stu, not all happy days :-| ....but definitely on the right track! As I've said previously...love how she looks now! :)

Awesome work on the bus mate :worship: - but if it was always easy and trouble free where would be the fun in that. :party0007:

Its not easy (or cheap) having pioneering work carried out - absolutely sure you will get sorted eventually :anim_19:

Looking forward to seeing it on Sun, havent had a look around your bus since the diner meet back in Dec :mrgreen:

Latest posts