Olive & Biddy - | Fantastic CamperJam weekend |

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Collected my new fold down buddy seat and bolster cushions for the R&R bed from 'Bromsgrove Auto Trimmers' today
Top job as always fellas!!......

yrazy9y3.jpg

ety6ezu6.jpg

Also dropped my bus off at the auto electricians today for a quote on a full rewire. Initial figure came in at around £700 .....thats with me supplying the loom too!!!
I think that's a bit expensive......:-?
Final quote will be given Monday after they have looked over it in more detail to ascertain the full extent of work required, but its looking like I may have to look elsewhere....

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Foz said:
Collected my new fold down buddy seat and bolster cushions for the R&R bed from 'Bromsgrove Auto Trimmers' today
Top job as always fellas!!......

yrazy9y3.jpg

ety6ezu6.jpg

Also dropped my bus off at the auto electricians today for a quote on a full rewire. Initial figure came in at around £700 .....thats with me supplying the loom too!!!
I think that's a bit expensive......:-?
Final quote will be given Monday after they have looked over it in more detail to ascertain the full extent of work required, but its looking like I may have to look elsewhere....

Pm Daverob on here - he got a new loom fitted recently :D

Foz,

Don't fancy having a go at the loom yourself? My plan is, that because there is a loom in there already it should be easy to pull the new one through whilst pulling the old one out? Or am I thinking that will be waaaaay to easy? :lol:

Whistler said:
Foz,

Don't fancy having a go at the loom yourself? My plan is, that because there is a loom in there already it should be easy to pull the new one through whilst pulling the old one out? Or am I thinking that will be waaaaay to easy? :lol:

To be honest mate I just dont get the time to even attempt it. Speaking to Jon at VWLooms he seems to think a 2 day job total, and you know as well as me that nothing is straight forward on these old buses, so yes maybe a little optimistic there bro :lol:

The most fun part is threading the new loom through the chassis tube :) Enjoy!! :mrgreen:

Foz said:
Whistler said:
Foz,

To be honest mate I just dont get the time to even attempt it. Speaking to Jon at VWLooms he seems to think a 2 day job total, and you know as well as me that nothing is straight forward on these old buses, so yes maybe a little optimistic there bro :lol:

Haha, sounds like a lil challenge to my self :lol: Fortunately my dad is very good at that sorta thing so I will still say try in a day, but I'll be sure to keep a Sunday spare as well, just in case. Famous last words eh? Will probably take me a week now.

Fitted this today....very pleased with the result

h5mv.jpg

gpc6.jpg

Also got the bus up on ramps & axle stands in preperation for the re-wire this Wednesday by a mobile Auto electrician

nc6v.jpg

vq0a.jpg

I was proper pappin myself jacking up on the axle stands....definately not for the feint hearted, thinking "if this slips now" !! :shock:

More updates to come in the week.........

Every bus on early bays is special in there own way.
I'm sure everyone would agree :D

However your bus is amazingly good and quite right too!

look forward to seeing the bus at tatton. 8)

geordie said:
Every bus on early bays is special in there own way.
I'm sure everyone would agree :D

However your bus is amazingly good and quite right too!

look forward to seeing the bus at tatton. 8)

Cheers geordie, unfortunately I cant make Tatton now, I didnt realise I had double booked with Carfest the same weekend, and im all paid up on that. So will be next year now....I do love tatton show, so a bit gutted.

Managed to get Olive rewired in time for the prom I had booked last Friday....
9evu5a5y.jpg

.......and more importantly European bug In this coming weekend.

I was told by the auto electrician that my actual main loom from the rear to the fuse box was in very good condition, and that it was pretty pointless and a waste of my money replacing it. So instead I had the whole engine bay tidied and all the dash wires tidied or replaced as he saw fit. He even threw in a full length of LED lights in my engine bay and a set of LEDs in the rear number plate light holder for good measure, so it now matches the rear LED lights and indicators.

He done an excellent job, and everything now works again, with no smell of burning or melting fuses!

Highly recommended auto electrician if your in the Midlands area.....
3upy8yby.jpg

So finally....i get to take Olive onto European soil, Belgium......EBI-5 here we come! :mrgreen:

Setting off at 3am tomorrow morning! :shock:

Pit stop at the services...5am this morning.
y7y9y7aj.jpg

Back of the queue on the docks waiting to board
a6umemym.jpg

Foz said:
Pit stop at the services...5am this morning.
y7y9y7aj.jpg

Back of the queue on the docks waiting to board
a6umemym.jpg

Mate the bus is looking sweet - hope you have an awesome trip! Very jealous :D

Had a fantastic trip to EBI this time last week, the bus had no mechanical or electrical issues at all. Was a good test for the new suspension setup too, and boy did those Belgium roads give it a good pounding at times! But glad to report it all passed with flying colours. Very happy at that!

Latest posts