Olympic Torch thread

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLIVE-BAY

Reaction score
Cornwall as far u can g without getting your feet
I'll start because I think I live the furthest south west, was meant to get up at 6am to be at Lands End for 7 but I worked a long day yesterday :roll:
anyway followed the relay from Penzance to Helston, got some video footage but didnt think I's bore you with that :lol:

Penzance:

heavy Police traffic :shock:

olympicflame001.jpg

olympicflame002.jpg

olympicflame004.jpg

olympicflame005.jpg

olympicflame006.jpg

olympicflame007.jpg

olympicflame008.jpg

Boris Johnston's Range Rover

olympicflame018.jpg

Marazion

Cool BMW's about 20 of them all told 8)

olympicflame021.jpg

Free drinks and good music

olympicflame026.jpg

samsung truck free memorabilia and huge TV screen

olympicflame029.jpg

olympicflame030.jpg

olympicflame048.jpg

Keeping the flame alive

olympicflame051.jpg

Police officer guardian of the flame

olympicflame055.jpg

olympicflame057.jpg

8) 8)

add yours lets see if we can track the relay in photos 8)

A bit overcast up yer, but ok, coming up past my pub on the 22nd about 5.30 to 6.00, might just have to get up the pub a bit early that night :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, likin limpics :mrgreen:

OLIVE-BAY said:
68_early_bay said:
Looks good, at least it wasn't raining :D we've gotta wait til day 41 before it passes us :D can guarantee it will be p@@@ing it down then :lol:

:lol: :lol:

we were forecast rain, but lovely and sunny here, just had a BBQ now a bit pi$$ed on Scrumpy :lol:

:D 8)

nice pics and good idea ...

dubscum said:
OLIVE-BAY said:
68_early_bay said:
Looks good, at least it wasn't raining :D we've gotta wait til day 41 before it passes us :D can guarantee it will be p@@@ing it down then :lol:

:lol: :lol:

we were forecast rain, but lovely and sunny here, just had a BBQ now a bit pi$$ed on Scrumpy :lol:

:D 8)

nice pics and good idea ...

bit too much scrumpy guys...fell asleep on the sofa and burnt the stew :roll: :lol: watching all that running, made me tired :lol:

Turkish said:
Any one seen the torch for sale on eBay, was £157,000 + when I last looked 8(

I think its wrong to be allowed to sell it... :msn4: dont even know if its real one :msn4:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/London-2012-Olympic-Torch-/270981379377?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item3f17bfb531#ht_500wt_1202" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's a few on there but this is the best lol

http://bit.ly/JtCmjW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't mess with the torch!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-18128245" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm going to see it Wednesday :)

Clem said:
Don't mess with the torch!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-18128245" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm going to see it Wednesday :)

bit rough :lol: we down here arnt used to these met police ways :lol: Devon and Cornwall police hardly ever get out of their cars :lol:

although the police motorcyclist were waving to the crowds yesterday which was cool and relaxed....well done to the Police I say...bound to be some moron that tries to ruin what is a brilliant experience for everybody :roll:

I tried to get our bay on the tele but the exclusion zone was tight due to the narrow roads...got my mug on tho :lol:

I got to hold the torch a few months ago, apparently air guitaring it is inappropriate! :lol:

386712_10150384352428944_512958943_8513256_321228773_n.jpg

The flame was held overnight Tuesday night at the Holiday Inn Hambrook where I use the gym, all the above vehicles were in the carpark along with a dozen or so BMW plod bikes and a posse of UPS wagons (apparently carrying the food for the entourage!!) I wondered what was on the side of the Samsung truck, it had a mesh over the side area........huuuuge TV 8)

Unfortunately for me the flame didnt arrive till 11pm, but the staff had their pics taken with the torch 8)

Latest posts