Opinions Wanted PLZ :)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should i do with the bumpers

• Paint the bumpers pastel white [same as the stripes]

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Body coloured bumpers with stripes to match the bus

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

pinheaduk

Reaction score
ok this is my resto which is nearing completion of stage 1 [stage 2 is the turbo engine ;)]
745.jpg

what i would like to find out is whether i should paint the bumpers pastel white or Body colour them with stripes to match the bus

fankoo

EDIT

also im thinking of whitewalls for a cool retro feel :D, not the thin stripes the full tyre wall

paint the bumpers pastel white but add the racing strip in the fawn colour for a twist!

was thinking of swapping the colours but was unsure, and for the moment the wheels wont be running hubcaps but was going to buy some polished radars maybe at a later date

also i have to put the bumpers on i would run without them but on my other bay and split two dosey sods rolled back abd shunted me in the rear and had to do replace front panel and a corner due to no bumpers :( dont want that this time

i was walking down our hill once a few years back now and i had the strangest compulsion to look back over my shoulder... almost supernatural in its intensity
276_ghost.gif

i glanced back a little cautiously, half expecting to see the ghost of a long-dead parent, or a long-lost childhood friend, but no... down the hill was coming the most beautiful bus i have ever seen 8)

it was a commer... what model i'm not sure; i'm no expert, but it was slammed, rimmed and sported (from my somewhat, er, fucked memory) a pair of yellow headlights on each side... very subtle, but very custom (or should that he with a 'k' ?) at the same time.

now, my *premonition* gave me the chance to flag it down rather than having it pass me by, and i was able to congratulate the couple who owned it on the quality of their work, largely by hopping from one foot to the other and sticking my thumbs up, as i get strangely tongue-tied in situations involving my sixth sense, but they were happy to tell me some of the work they'd done to it, how it was rolling on volvo running gear, their choice of engine, exhaust and so on.

now it was finished in gun metal grey, but it too had a pair of twin, shelby-style stripes, and you knew there was a point to me posting this, right ? i'm not just rambling for the sake of it
lol-1.gif

inspired colour scheme... it'll look ace 8)

edited as photobucket thinks my smiley faces are violating it.

Latest posts