• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Original Danbury Interior wanted

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxelodie

Reaction score
:sign0009:
We have a 1971 Danbury Conversion but without an original Danbury interior!
We have decided to restore her back to her original self and are on the look out for ANYTHING original Danbury!
Anyone with anything please let us know
many thanks

Hello!

Good on you for wanting to restore your Danbury back to original! :D

Keep checking in on this section, and you'll see stuff listed from time to time.

Also, keep this Ebay link in your favourites and check regularly.
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1312&_nkw=vw+danbury&_sacat=See-All-Categories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Most weeks different items from Danburys of our era crop up on there, from complete interiors to individual items, such as tables, seat cushions, sinks etc. You'll see a few items on there now, such as a cooker and a couple of seat boxes (asking £80-£90 apiece for the seat boxes though, hence they've been on there a year or more. :shock: ).

Early Bay member MCVW is selling 6 cushions (I assume they are still for sale).
Have a look on this thread for a photo of them.
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30527" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you are unsure if any items you come across are genuine Danbury original items or not, then feel free to drop me a PM, and I'll identify them for you. Sometimes I've seen stuff on Ebay listed as Danbury items, when clearly they're not, or they've been heavily modified and resemble little of what they were originally! :lol:

Doug

Hi, I've got this Danbury cooker out of a 72 crossover for sale at the moment £25 plus p/p
forsale034.jpg

forsale033.jpg

forsale032.jpg

Danbury Doug said:
Hello!

Good on you for wanting to restore your Danbury back to original! :D

Keep checking in on this section, and you'll see stuff listed from time to time.

Also, keep this Ebay link in your favourites and check regularly.
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1312&_nkw=vw+danbury&_sacat=See-All-Categories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Most weeks different items from Danburys of our era crop up on there, from complete interiors to individual items, such as tables, seat cushions, sinks etc. You'll see a few items on there now, such as a cooker and a couple of seat boxes (asking £80-£90 apiece for the seat boxes though, hence they've been on there a year or more. :shock: ).

Early Bay member MCVW is selling 6 cushions (I assume they are still for sale).
Have a look on this thread for a photo of them.
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30527" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you are unsure if any items you come across are genuine Danbury original items or not, then feel free to drop me a PM, and I'll identify them for you. Sometimes I've seen stuff on Ebay listed as Danbury items, when clearly they're not, or they've been heavily modified and resemble little of what they were originally! :lol:

Doug

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many Thanks Doug
Sorry being late getting back been extra busy with Kids being off School...

Thanks for the info, and offer of help I will be in touch :D
Natx

PinkPanther said:
Hi, I've got this Danbury cooker out of a 72 crossover for sale at the moment £25 plus p/p
forsale034.jpg

forsale033.jpg

forsale032.jpg

Many thanks
will keep this in mind
natx :D

I have the front panel to the bech seat been cut for speakers...I used it as a template...bench seat can easily be made even but someone who cannot cut cheese :lol:

Where are you?

denbay66 said:
Hi

I have a Danbury bench seat in £60.

Dennis
=============
Hi Dennis, thanks for your reply, would you happen to have the bench cushions also?
:)

mjknight71 said:
I have the front panel to the bech seat been cut for speakers...I used it as a template...bench seat can easily be made even but someone who cannot cut cheese :lol:

Where are you?
Thanks for the info, however, we are really looking for the whole thing of we can get it ! :)

68bay said:
i have the original sink unit good condtion £25
================

Many thanks, however we have one of those, only looking for the bench seat, pads, gliders, mats and buddy seat back rest! Not much i guess!
Thanks again!

Hi guys the bench seat I have is in good condition. I have the buddy seats but at present I am planning to keep them. The cushions I have are original but look 40years old. If I get a chance this weekend I will post a photo (if I can work out how to do it.

denbay66 said:
Hi guys the bench seat I have is in good condition. I have the buddy seats but at present I am planning to keep them. The cushions I have are original but look 40years old. If I get a chance this weekend I will post a photo (if I can work out how to do it.
:party0009: :party0002: :party0009: :party0002:
Hello
Great would be interested have you got all seat pads and pieces to make into a bed?
Would you like my email for the pictures?

I have two full danbury interiors (minus top locker as that was in my bus when i lost it) as when searching for mine i got bits and bobs from all over then found a complete one with cushions and everything etc.

This is the better one:
Type20185.jpg

Type20187.jpg

As stated on here a lot of it is just wood batons and ply so can easily be remade. I need to sort out the best stuff for myself (part way through remaking bits of it) but you are welcome to look at the rest of it if interested.

Its not just a case of the seat and cushions, its all the little filler panels for the seats etc that go to making up all the different arrangements, back rests etc. The cushions i will keep put you are welcome to measure them all and get you won made up (mine have been recovered in some odd oatmeal coloured material)

where abouts are you? i can try and get some picks of what i have for sale/leftover if interested (trying to get some money back for my new bus :) )

Nugsy said:
I have two full danbury interiors (minus top locker as that was in my bus when i lost it) as when searching for mine i got bits and bobs from all over then found a complete one with cushions and everything etc.

This is the better one:
Type20185.jpg

Type20187.jpg

As stated on here a lot of it is just wood batons and ply so can easily be remade. I need to sort out the best stuff for myself (part way through remaking bits of it) but you are welcome to look at the rest of it if interested.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Good Morning

We are Ashford Kent!
We would be interested in having a look at what you have left...my email is [email protected] when you are ready!

Cheers
Nat

a case of the seat and cushions, its all the little filler panels for the seats etc that go to making up all the different arrangements, back rests etc. The cushions i will keep put you are welcome to measure them all and get you won made up (mine have been recovered in some odd oatmeal coloured material)

where abouts are you? i can try and get some picks of what i have for sale/leftover if interested (trying to get some money back for my new bus :) )

Latest posts