Original T2 Oval Dash Speaker?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dickie524

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am wondering if anybody knows what size of speaker was originally designed to fit behind the dash speaker grille on the early bay please?

And does anyone know if there is anything similar still available? I am happy to go down the second hand or vintage audio routes.

I am fitting an old VW radio (Mono FM) which will go to through a discreet Amp to two rear speakers, and possibly just the one in the front - I can imagine you could get quite a big deep one behind the grille. I guess it is designed to bounce off the windscreen.

Thanks all, Rich

I took a 6" speaker from an old Sony speaker and fitted it (round). Fits fine. Used 4 small black bolts and some big washers to hold it in place. Not the answer you were looking for but might be worth a try

I just used 2 ghetto blaster speakers with an aluminium bar supporting them through the grill with stainless self tappers. Except the screw heads, you'd never know they were there.

I fitted a classic car stereo dual voice speaker which is oval shaped and plays both left and right channels. I used it to boost the volume adding to the door speakers. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That's great, thanks all, interesting that there was an 'original' version (though I'm not THAT particular to only fit an OEM speaker!)

Cheers, Rich

Latest posts