Our bus receives some attention

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turkish

Reaction score
Our camper went in on Sunday to get the body work sorted.

See pics below, whilst not a full renovation we are renewing everything that needs it. Also having the interior recovered hopefully.

Hopefully back for April 2009.

Check out the thinkness of the filler on the rear arch, surely it would have been quicker / cheaper to replace the arches. How on earth the guy we got it from still trades in VW's is beyond me. If you surf on here you know who you are!!

30112008263.jpg

30112008262.jpg

30112008261.jpg

30112008258.jpg

30112008260.jpg

30112008259.jpg

30112008257.jpg

30112008265.jpg

30112008264-1.jpg

Another crossover.... nice!!

Now that is some thick filler!
Still.... better that you know its there now and can get it put right. It'll all come good in the end :wink:

about time u got it done and all that filler :shock: thats a shit load dont know why thay have done that :? but should look ace when done :D

vedub said:
about time u got it done and all that filler :shock: thats a shit load dont know why thay have done that :? but should look ace when done :D

Tell me about it, like i say not sure how people remain in the scene when they do shit like that. The guy is obviously a cowboy, we should rid the world of these guys that play at these things

Daz

It was hard keeping up with you on the way to Brighton when you had 4 up as well, once you get rid of all that filler its going to fly :mrgreen: :mrgreen: , good luck with the resto

Any news on that rear bumper?

Graham

My internet at home is bost, i sent you a PM asking for your mobile number and i'll text you pics

it looks beter with out all the filler !!

after grinding about a inch of filler of i found metal ive seen some filler work but that was a joke !! :(
well at least we can sort out the wheel well where its all samshed in :)
but the worst is yet 2 come :wink:

Well thought Santa would bring me a new Bus (i did ask for one - not pick just a mint early bay), i hadn't touched the refurbbefore Christmas as i was so confident.

B&*t@+D!!

So i suppose i should crack on with our original bus, should get back on it this Sunday so more pics and updates to follow

owell santa did bring me a 2poster ramp :D :D should get back on the bus tomorow and make a start on geting front off and do the doors and see how much filler i can find on th rest of the bus :wink:

Turned up today and seen progress.

So lots of cutting and banging leads to this:
DSCF0627.jpg

DSCF0631.jpg

DSCF0630.jpg

DSCF0629.jpg

DSCF0628.jpg

The panels aren't welded in yet but shouldn't be long

looking good.

i know what your goin through, see my 1971 resto

just think it will be ready for summer, let visa pick up the pieces :lol: worry about it later

Yeah money is a real balancing act, the guy doing the work has agreed to me settling the labour bill at the end subject to a small deposit being paid.

The the parts which are circa £1100 will be put on my plastic money generator.

Once everything is complete i will take a loan to settle the lot.

Oh s h i t just realised i will need to settle the trimmer sooner dooh

Well as with all renovations progress is slow few bits to finish welding (bottom rear corner). and then filler and ready for paint.

Can't wait to get her back aarrrggghhhhhh :evil:

Some pics from todays viewing

DSC00278.jpg

DSC00279-2.jpg

DSC00282-1.jpg

DSC00280.jpg

The welding and prep work is almost done and it booked for paint ready for a rebuild starting Bank Holiday Monday so hopefully ready for Vanfest, but deffo for Brighton

Well i was at the unit last night getting the interior back in, mad effort to get everything sorted in order to get it to Vanfest this weekend.

Still lots left to do, all lights need fitting, bumpers need to be fitted, final mop and tidy of the paint work, service, mot and TAX oh no the list is longer than thought.

I am told however it will be at Vanfest.

So keep an eye out, oh see's now savannah beige and should be on display on Volksworks UK trade stand.

Hoping to get some business for the guy that did my trimming.

See ya there :D

Latest posts