Over riders, yes?, or no?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favguy

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Bespoke camper
Hello my early bay cousins, my bus is a late Brazilian T2C, (OK, keep the pitchforks at bay now! (bay, get it ;) )) I'd like everyone's opinions about bumper over riders. I'm finding myself with an odd desire to add them to my bus, and as my bumpers have the same profile as an early bay, they're the type that would fit with minimal work to my bumpers. I can't entirely decide though if they're great or a bit naff, what do we all think about them, yes or no?

Picture of an early with over riders fitted:

frontover.JPG

And my bus for reference:

latebraz.JPG

I was also thinking they might look better without the rubber bump strip, what do we all think?

frontover2.jpg

Look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts.

I think you may have to be careful at the back to ensure you don't obscure the rear light units - they came in different sizes so you'll need the smallest ones. You may also need to shape the profiles a bit to fit? Possibly ....
Other than that I think they look good.

I think you may have to be careful at the back to ensure you don't obscure the rear light units - they came in different sizes so you'll need the smallest ones. You may also need to shape the profiles a bit to fit? Possibly ....
Other than that I think they look good.
Thanks for your thoughts. Yeah, the late bay ones are actually similar in size, maybe slightly shorter, (but with a very different bumper profile, of course) they fit between the larger T2B/C light clusters (which sit much further out) and the engine lid just fine. I was wondering if the profile is exactly the same between early and Brazilian bumpers though, I'm thinking it is the same, but it might not be quite. It's close enough though, that a session with a file set would easily have it matching up.

I really like overriders on a bay, so i say fit them. I don't think i've seen any T2c with them on so that will make yours stand out even more. I'd have the rubbers on though for the full effect. Black rubber would carry through with your black mirrors/handles & black radiator cover if yours is the watercooled version having that.

Ours should have them on but a PO deleted all its US features preferring it to look like a Euro base model which works, but i miss the overriders feature most of all.

Last edited:
Mine came with over riders but I’ve taken them off for delux trim but I’d happily swap back as I think they look cool

Trust me to be different and always the odd one out. I’m not a fan at all but I’d say that’s possibly my poor taste. But,,, if you did have them, you’d definitely need the black rubber inserts on or they would look a bit too slabby if there is such a word. Your bus has just reminded me that I was going to fit a raised brake light like you have. Possibly not legal on a bus as old as mine but I’m sure Nigel will come and tell me if it’s naughty.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,I’ll just buy one anyway :)

I think they look okay, but I have them on another vehicle and I constantly bang my knees or shins on them 🙄, so I’d give it a miss

Thats a fair point, i've seen an overrider that had been nudged & it had left a dent in the lower front panel, where perhaps nothing would have happened if none were fitted.

Worth checking how close the T2a overrider will be to the raised lip at base of T2b & c front panel.

Thats a fair point, i've seen an overrider that had been nudged & it had left a dent in the lower front panel, where perhaps nothing would have happened if none were fitted.

Worth checking how close the T2a overrider will be to the raised lip at base of T2b & c front panel.
The Brazilian bay, despite continuing with an early bay bumper profile, uses the late bay crash structure behind the bumpers, so they'll sit a couple of inches further out at the front, like on a late bay, so the over riders won't be close to the front panel. :)

Attachments

• latefront.jpg
    latefront.jpg
    73.4 KB

Latest posts