Overrider not fitting rear bumper - Why not?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markevo30

Reaction score
I bought a set of overriders from the Busfest last week and had a crack at fitting them last night. it looks like the front ones are going to fit a treat but it all goes wrong round the back. It looks like the profile of the rear bumper is different to the overrider.

Is my bumper out of shape or the wrong bumper? Could the bumper be from another year/model bus? Should the front and rear overriders be different to suit the bumpers?

Any comment would be appreciated before i start to potentially butcher the bumper to fit.

Front - No problem

Rear - Big gaps

Rear Bumper

Thanks for looking

Mark

mattyd72 said:
Do all 4 fit the front ok?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yeah, they all fit fine. I've just checked with the supplier and they're a universal fit so they should be ok for front or back. This being the case it looks like the bumper is the issue.

I had the same issue with mine, but this was due to it having a slash-cut rear bumper fitted.

A5H said:
I had the same issue with mine, but this was due to it having a slash-cut rear bumper fitted.

Do you know if mine is a standard bumper? I'm not sure what a slash cut bumper looks like.

What did you do about your overriders Ash, ditch them?

Another shot showing the bumper

95a0903507bc0364bfea59a904c62ef2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is mine with the slash cut:

As you can see, I did fit the over-riders, I just took the angle grinder to them and re-profiled them to fit the bumper. I think slash cut bumpers were actually fitted to late splits, but can be made to fit earlies. Some people do weld the original diamond cut ends onto slash bumpers to make them look more original, which may be what happened to yours?

A5H said:
This is mine with the slash cut:

As you can see, I did fit the over-riders, I just took the angle grinder to them and re-profiled them to fit the bumper. I think slash cut bumpers were actually fitted to late splits, but can be made to fit earlies. Some people do weld the original diamond cut ends onto slash bumpers to make them look more original, which may be what happened to yours?

Thanks for the reply A5h. now i know what a slash bumper is!

I fitted the overriders to mine tonight and the gaps aren't as bad as i thought. In fact the left hand side is fine(ish) it's just the right hand side that's gappy. It looks like the bumper has been squashed at some stage so i'll straighten it out when i've got a bit of time.

Latest posts