paint?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starsailor

Reaction score
Hi there!

Another novice question, my 71 has been painted a horrible burgundy colour, the inside is still original and I'd like to take it back. Is there a way to remove the top coat and grey primer but leave original paint? The current top coat is very poor quality, some flaked off removing a sticker. I'm a couple of years away from being able to afford a good respray, do I just live with it or is there an alternative?

Cheers Chris

Another early bayer has just done a similar thing. Here is the thread, it think he used a polishing machine with a buffing pad and paint thinners.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=65627" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By the looks of things the original paint has come up quite well. Looks like a big job though

I think it will be a risky business without damaging the original paint, anythings possible however. And if you really dont like it how it is then youve got nothing to lose 8)

Latest posts