parking RIGHT next to the beach ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

anyone have any suggestions for camp sites where you can park your van RIGHT next to the beach ? (..and in the South East ?)

Durdle Door in Dorset, you park overlooking the bay, seaview, and walk down the steps to the beach?

Durdle Door in Dorset, you park overlooking the bay, seaview, and walk down the steps to the beach?

and it's a fair old walk down those steps to the beach - and even tougher walking back up with a four year old on your shoulders :lol:

I wondered why they had the refreshment kiosk half way down - but on the way back up I knew exactly why :)

But it's a fantastic location - and well worth the pain!

crantock, newquay you can sit on the bowgie arms and the sea and steps are just below you

might be a bit far, but shell island is good. http://www.shellislandcampers.co.uk/

dancingbay said:
crantock, newquay you can sit on the bowgie arms and the sea and steps are just below you
Spent many a summers night here looking over crantock beach, the in-laws own a holiday place in crantock.
What camp site are your on about? Porth Joke?

dancingbay said:

went there last week! it rules, especially the campsite thats only 5mins walk from Polly Joke beach! 8)

You are in Wales I see - so are we, Powys - not in the South East, but a super site on the beach on the Gower - Port Eynon. Took our first night out in the newly acquired vw there last weekend when the weather was marvellous of course. Raining now in Powys so van safely tucked up in garage.
No problems carrying fouryrold at the Port Eynon site, dead flat and lovely grassy fields beautifully mown to camp in. Hookups near the loos, and choose where you like in the further fields which is where we went. Families only site, no large groups of lager louts allowed.
Other ones that we know of are in Scotland. Long journey but worth it, silver sand beaches and no-one else there on a lot of them - very far north though. We always travelled overnight with the beds out, and all kids and dog asleep on them.
Happy camping
EB

Tristram camp site in Polzeath, looking across the bay, just a short minute stumble down the rocks and you've got sand between your toes. Quite expensive as camp sites go but the location is great.

dave clifford said:
easy said:
dancingbay said:

went there last week! it rules, especially the campsite thats only 5mins walk from Polly Joke beach! 8)

easy

is the campsite bobs or highermoor :wink:

we spend 3 weeks evey summer at higher moor

polly joke crantock holeywell all just a walk away

heaven :wink: :wink:

Ive forgotton the name, but its the one with the 3 wooden lodges you can hire aswell? has 2 camping fields and is the one where you drive through the other to get to?

Clear as mud! :lol: 8)

easy said:
dancingbay said:

first time i went in an early bay was with a guy called graham, we went to polly joke, parked up and it was quite a walk, really nice place! anyway when we got back to the van he had lost his keys, luckily he had a spare stashed in the engine bay.

anyhow, camping on the beach.. theres a place in northish wales called tywnn, about 4 miles north of there theres a campsite where you can park on the beach or on the cliff, its £9 per stay with toilets, shower, washing up room, fridge, washer etc.. really cool

will post a pic, its ace. we went up there about a month back and was sat up on the cliff wth a bbq and fire - they sell wood too and minted lamb kebabs which was funny as the lambs were in the field next to us! haha

really chilled place, will put a map pic up and more details

mIKe

and some pics :)

04052008076.jpg

04052008077.jpg

04052008084.jpg

04052008090.jpg

You dont have a google maps link as to where this campsite is cheers bud I cant find it

Hi there!

Joss Bay in Kent near Broadstairs, You can park in the Captain Digby(pub/beach) carpark
and overlook the sea. its a quick walk down the cliffs to a beautiful sandy beach where you can also surf!
Google "Joss Bay" for more info

Spence :D

I just clicked on here to add the 'north of Tywyn' site having been past on the train last week. Looks a great place, two vans on there last week - envious or what!

Latest posts