Parts for steel sliding roof

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkpuss

Reaction score
Hola,
Have a 69 Deluxe with a sliding roof,Well not quite sliding yet :D its an import from the USA

Problem is when i got the van, the BLOODY roof was all sealed shut with silicone and whatever else they decided to use :shock:
So after digging out all the rubbish, and removing the steel roof section i noticed there wasnt any parts for it,apart from the steel roof itself :?
Never owned a bay before and never seen a sliding roof in action, so have no idea what im looking for, in parts, apart from what ive seen on the Heritage website,they do the felt and cable etc but im sure there must be more parts than they are selling :?: :?: :?:

Can any one inlighten me with my problem before i go bonkers :cry: PLEASE :D

lets see some pics of what you got

the parts heritage haven't numbered you will probable have to get second hand

Cheer's mate for the reply
Right i've taken some pics of what i've got and it's not alot!
The only part i do have seems to be for the handle section i think :?:

vanny079.jpg

picture003.jpg

picture002.jpg

vanny081.jpg

vanny082.jpg

vanny084.jpg

vanny085.jpg

picture001.jpg

Seems like the second hand parts for these are quite difficult to find?

here is some pics of mine

sunroof001.jpg

sunroof002.jpg

sunroof003.jpg

sunroof004.jpg

sunroof005.jpg

sunroof006.jpg

sunroof007.jpg

sunroof008.jpg

hope they help if not let me know ill take some more.

what you want is some one breaking a Riviera conversion as they had the sun roofs wound open and the bits left in place ;)

robins said:
here is some pics of mine

sunroof001.jpg

sunroof002.jpg

sunroof003.jpg

sunroof004.jpg

sunroof005.jpg

sunroof006.jpg

sunroof007.jpg

sunroof008.jpg

hope they help if not let me know ill take some more.

what you want is some one breaking a Riviera conversion as they had the sun roofs wound open and the bits left in place ;)

Cheers for that, its all starting to make sense,slowly :?

Dont supose youll part with yours for the right price :lol:

Again thanks for the help, much appreciated :D

I have a complete set (when I pick them up :oops: ) My own roof works perfectly well but knowing how hard these bits are to find and how pricey I was just going to keep them as spares.
However I believe there are several doubles of the track and covers which are the hardest parts to find and if thats the case I will call you.
I should be getting them in a couple of weeks time.

wibbler said:
I have a complete set (when I pick them up :oops: ) My own roof works perfectly well but knowing how hard these bits are to find and how pricey I was just going to keep them as spares.
However I believe there are several doubles of the track and covers which are the hardest parts to find and if thats the case I will call you.

I'm still after those parts dude... :)

wibbler said:

Cheers mate, cant believe these parts are so hard To come by, thought there would have been loads kicking around, oh how i was wrong :roll:

Latest posts