passenger foot rests (fabrication)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
knocked this up last night just going to polish it before I weld in place, then I can jig it. ive done a 30mm one to see which is the better look, this one is 25mm

oh that all looks very posh....

I went out and bought the wife one of those folding blue steps :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that one looks great. cant wait to see how it turns out once welded. i would say go for a 30mm one, that one/25mm would look skinny :D

well that was a waste of time !! I was getting ready to tack it in place and the wife says whats that?, wheres it going? I explained and she said... I sit there and have no need for it, its pants and unless you have the wrong seats or very short legs it can go in the bin :shock: . so ive oiked it.. maybe a market for someone to take on, I asked my 8 year old and he said ner looks like a bus or a church thing for kneeling on :lol:

I looked at this post last week and thought what a good idea.
So I've bent a couple of 25mm metal conduits at work to have a play around with later.Ive got 2" tubs and the wife said the seating position was wrong for her so I made a 2" raised floor out of timber to compensate for this.
Works a treat but doesn't suit my sons ,as there nearly as tall as me.
I've also thought of putting a leg near the bend down to the cab floor so it takes some of the weight off the fixing points.good idea and I think they would sell at the right price.....Dave

I have been playing around with this too and i have considerably changed the designed, especially i wasn't comfortable with the idea of drilling through the heater vent tree or whatever its called. Also had the barndoor foot rest design in mind as Dave pointed out so had to come up with a different mounting solution.

And I think I was closing in great when today I had to travel out of town for some business of great recreational import for kids. I would resume on 6th on this and I think the end product would be pretty flexible when it comes to mounting positions in terms of height to suit larger groups of passengers whether with short or taller legs. ;)

Will report back soon. cheers

back on to these as just made back to home town after this tiny little trip. lets see how these turn out :D

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

the barndoor style prototype foot rest that went into production today. let me know what do you guys think? ;)
Better pics to follow with one of the finished footrests. :D

don't think it's supposed to be folded like that in the end. Shouldn't it be easily folded without wrinkles?? otherwise looks good. Personal I like the EB styles rather than the BD style

you are right, but its PVC pipe that was used to mold to gauge the bend and describe the shape to the labour. the finished ones would be without wrinkles and improved anchors unlike the one you see in the pics.

Also, I am considering to finish these in paint as well as chrome. Powder coating them is an option too but wouldn't be as cheap as the painted ones.

Edit: the only reservation I have about the EB ones is that they are mounted to the heater tree with two tiny screws and may not be durable enough in the longer run. The barndoor style however would use a base on the floor, so is believed to be more durable as would bear load better without un-necessarily shifting load to the mounting point on the A-Pillar.

OG BD style foot rest.

555345.jpg

reezvaan said:
who does one of these here?

4005005.jpg

Finally got some time to knock a few up today. Decided to stay with the Bay style instead of Barndoor style. Brackets are on the CNC machine which would then be welded and assembled.
These would shortly be available on here to order :D

1184913_852939754731970_347159500_n.jpg

1501736_852939714731974_1185703102_n.jpg

the final pieces of the puzzle now done too...2mm MS CNC machined anchor plates. so these are going to be ready to order from tomorrow, both in painted as well as in powder coated versions. :D :D :D
plenty to be available in first batch :D

1506439_861081637251115_9190532997004208537_n.jpg

1004871_861081790584433_9049462033237375532_n.jpg

£25 posted for painted one and £35 for powder coated one. All prices are posted to mainland UK only. Cheers

superfunkyfresh said:
How much we looking at mate?
^ What he said.

My tubs have got a little taller so depending on what seats I can work out, one of these might be spot on!

These are designed to be moved up and down both on A pillar as well as heater tree so tubs or no tubs these are all good. Cheers

now available to order :)
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=58582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts