passenger foot rests (fabrication)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reezvaan

Reaction score
who does one of these here?

4005005.jpg

Oh I borrowed the pic from samba too. But I thought someone on here would be making them but looks like no one is.

If someone made these on here, it would be cheaper than bringing one in from the USA!

As earlier said, if I don't get to find out anyone making them, I would make one for myself and perhaps more too. Cheers

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

AGC said:
Not seen one of those before. I like it :D

Oh and me too.

Looks like we're making some as don't seem to find if someone is making them already. 8)

If you have the welding chops and a bender, looks fairly straight forward... That coming from someone with very little welding chops and no bender though...so grain of salt needed.

And still cost $49+pnp bare or $69+pnp powder coated in the Samba :(

I'd be up for one of these, if the price is right 8)

My wife is a short arse so anything that makes her more comfortable in turn gets me less ear ache whilst we are out in the bus :msn4: :lol:

for what possible cost. let us know plz. because if you could do it cheaply we all could benefit :)

its simple enough, but id have to measure etc .. ive not seen them before so without nipping to the garage I cant see where the door jam bit screws to. how much would you pay? easy as that really im not costing etc just is it worth doing for say £ 30 ! that's not the price. times when you see some prices you do have to think by the time its made ,bagged tagged and sent. it makes the Samba price very good.the bonus is its an old fashioned barra job for you :lol: if id got up earlier I could have done one tonight!! but im off for 4 after this one :roll:

wack one up then, lets see how does it all end up. i will try and wack one locally to see if i am any good to do some of these, just as an experience if nothing else.

i am sure there are plenty on here who would like to have one. i know i can do these very cheaply here in Pakistan (cheap labour etc.) coupled with the labour i already have working for me, to wack a few up for me pretty quickly (e.g. my Rivet tools/Wheel Balancing Adaptors which are being done by the same labour resources) but the UK mates would definitely get it cheaper if you made some over there, because shipping from Pakistan isn't cheap.

cheers

I think these have a much greater look, especially when it comes to the brackets/mounting

o8xssp.jpg

fuceuc.jpg

/Henrik

henrik, top interior, loving it. thanks for the pics.
yep these do look like with improved mounting brackets as compared to yours. and I think its only better that the mounting design is improved and is more reliable as compared to the one on your van.

reezvaan said:
henrik, top interior, loving it. thanks for the pics.
yep these do look like with improved mounting brackets as compared to yours. and I think its only better that the mounting design is improved and is more reliable as compared to the one on your van.

If it's welded alright the bracket size shouldn't be the problem. Its not like its meant for towing. I've would go for the small ones. :)

oh, i wouldn't say yours are not solid enough, instead, i am off the view that the improved bracket of the ones i posted would only allow the load to be first transferred to bracket instead of the mounting screws straight away (as in your foot rest case)

and in case the passenger somehow ends up forcing the foot rest down, its the longer bracket which is so designed that it would twist before the force is passed onto mounting screws right away. if you know what i mean 8)

reezvaan said:
oh, i wouldn't say yours are not solid enough, instead, i am off the view that the improved bracket of the ones i posted would only allow the load to be first transferred to bracket instead of the mounting screws straight away (as in your foot rest case)

and in case the passenger somehow ends up forcing the foot rest down, its the longer bracket which is so designed that it would twist before the force is passed onto mounting screws right away. if you know what i mean 8)

I follow and yes you have a point :D

Latest posts