Peak district

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisby

Reaction score
Visiting there in June for the first time,have booked into a Caravan Club site at Castleton,anyone have any thoughts on places to visit bearing in mind we dont like places that are too crowded.

I looked at booking in for first weekend in June today and was fully booked. Have you joined Caravan club as i've been told pitches are kept to a side for members.

chrisby - what sort of stuff do you wanna do ???
hbsbus - try pindale outdoor centre 01433620111 - or over into next valley at edale.

Edale 2 or 3 nice sites there and it within easy access of kinder scout, and a few other good valley walks also good pub within walking distance of the site. http://www.fieldhead-campsite.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

good pubs a castle and about 4 caverns its a top place
2 or 3 days is enough in castleton try monsal head ,a cool camp site next to a top pub with loads of german beer within walking distance of bakewell

noddy said:
Edale 2 or 3 nice sites there and it within easy access of kinder scout, and a few other good valley walks also good pub within walking distance of the site. http://www.fieldhead-campsite.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tents only on fieldhead though - coopers over the road for vans.

thanks for the feedback,seems that we choose a good place to go.
huntingbeachsurfbus we found that it was booked up for w/ends ie fri and sat night so we`re booked in for sun to fri night and then we`ll move on to visit relatives for the w/end then over to the Black mountains for a few days before returning back down to Cornwall.We did join the Caravan Club,£37 to join and a discount of £7 per night,going to see how it goes this year but I think it was worth it as you get a sites directory etc.The sites seem to range from the fully equipped ones to a field with a tap.

Latest posts