Petronix dizzy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

58paul

Reaction score
Hi Guys just a simple one that has most likely been asked before but here goes, after a few running problems [ points failure , power spark failure ] I was thinking of going down the petronicx route and replacing everything , Dizzy, coil and leads and was wondering who thinks its a good swop out and who thinks that there's a better way, your thoughts on this matter would be great thanks.

Hi Guys
Thanks for your replies, I have ordered the complete works and will be fitting it at the weekend so hopefully no more flat spots and running issues.

I run a petronix with no problems at all in fact it's the best it's ever run, starts up first turn just make sure you get the 8mm spark plug leads and the right coil I've also put in accuspark iridium plugs it was like putting the icing on top of the cake. Ummmmmm cake lol

20 years it`s been in there and never missed a beat ...
Best £70 I`ve spent on the van .

montypsx said:
I run a petronix with no problems at all in fact it's the best it's ever run, starts up first turn just make sure you get the 8mm spark plug leads and the right coil I've also put in accuspark iridium plugs it was like putting the icing on top of the cake. Ummmmmm cake lol
Those accuspark plugs are they the one's with the three prongs at the end? Just wondering as I have some that I've never fitted as I lost them but have recently found them again lol, just wondered if they were good?

Yes a sensible route to go,

personally I don't like the look of the flamethrower leads, so I would recommend the Bosch Super Premium leads, a top quality lead with a more stock appearance.

bac2ba6 said:
montypsx said:
Those accuspark plugs are they the one's with the three prongs at the end? Just wondering as I have some that I've never fitted as I lost them but have recently found them again lol, just wondered if they were good?
Sorry for the late reply I've never tried the ones you have mentioned but I have seen um, try them see what they are like and let us know and no the iridium plug has a very fine point on it if you go on flea bay and put accuspark vw iridium plug in they will come up I think they are £3.45 each

montypsx said:
bac2ba6 said:
montypsx said:
Sorry for the late reply I've never tried the ones you have mentioned but I have seen um, try them see what they are like and let us know and no the iridium plug has a very fine point on it if you go on flea bay and put accuspark vw iridium plug in they will come up I think they are £3.45 each
Thanks have ordered some, just incase those others are naff :)

Latest posts