piece of shit (71 westy)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pointless picture whoring
91d6fcd8.jpg

cfcdb11d.jpg

34f69bae.jpg

5dee5d92.jpg

I don't know this for a fact but I believe the braking system was the straw that broke the camels back. All the light were taken out ( ready for a re spray, I guess) and the brakes where looked at, O/S rear drum has yellow (scrapyard) writing on it, there was a new flexy pipe, a new bit of copper brake line and you can tell the master cylinder has been off, but he never got to the bottom off it, I think that is where he gave up and it was left under a tree for years. I imagine the papers and bag of weed, L.E.D. frizbe I found in the bus didn't heap either :D

put the new seals in between the master cylinder and the reservoir, I don't know if the master cylinder will be any good judging by the state of it, Gave it a good on clean (it had already been soaked for a week) and put it all back together. This is what came out the cylinder and res :?
7ab8d102.jpg

wasn't much better out the lines
730882ec.jpg

it was all going so well (ignoring the pissing down rain that was pouring out the bus gutters and down my neck) when this happened :x
02a25837.jpg

snapped the bleed nipple on the last brake to bleed.
anyone know what is that nut is ? looks about 46mm :|
now as punishment is sit's high and outside
91db8433.jpg

Arrrrrr man sounds like you've been having loads I fun I have too but with the mk2 I looked under it last week an seen the subframe was proper rotted out an to make it worst the middle box was rotten an a cv join was ripped plus all the other rot so I called it a day with it an found another mk2 if you havnt already seen it on instagram so planned to pick it up at half 2 saturday got a phone call off my bro who was taking me to get it saying I've f****ed it put £55 of petrol in a deisel :lol: so had to get another lift over to pick my new mk2 up then when I got there I couldn't sort the tax out so had to drive it back on trade plates an still havnt sorted the Tax the askmid site hasntn updated so I can't do it online. An to top that off I had to spend a good few hours draining my bro's car of petrol an sorting that out

So that sums the fun I've had :)

Rob

Brake parts are cheap, go to the parts store and order all new stuff (lines, cylinders, pads etc) and it makes this job enjoyable. Better yet it is less to worry about once its road worthy, more time driving , less time f#&%ing about on the side of the road when your 20 year old wheel cylinder locks up!!!! Low is cool but stopping is a necessity!

Keep up the good work and lets see this Westy roll once again.

Sound like I might see you at the mot station then lol my seals should be here Monday so need to bleed my brakes then it's game set an match sorted the shift rod an ignition barrell wednesday night :)

had a productive day today :D
c6986f3f.jpg

stripped, cleaned, painted, greased and new cylinders
bf4cdef5.jpg

started cutting out some rot and could smell burning wood :? time for a unplanned interior strip out
a1de84f7.jpg

looks like the previous US own was not only a scruffy fucker
ffe8507f.jpg

but a bit of a Casanova :shock:
1dee9e49.jpg

2f12c847.jpg

it was obviously the glasses 8) angelos epithemiou
729e151c.jpg

Arch was blissfully unaware
1a985358.jpg

he then set about rounding off some screw heads
082a255c.jpg

finished off the welding :D
544ab727.jpg

bef7c37f.jpg

2eca067b.jpg

ea84f593.jpg

99810eed.jpg

7766ba16.jpg

there were other bits but you get the gist of it, gave the inside a sweep out (lol)
6b727b6a.jpg

I now have all the column, barrel/key, new ignition switch, a new indicator switch (massive thanks to Stu61. Actual top bloke!!!!!!)
f1e2cb75.jpg

now this is happening
313f2503.jpg

stocked, to do: new master cylinder, sort the cut out loom (which I found when I stripped the interior :D ) bleed brakes, go through electrics and switch's, steering column, ignition etc.

Latest posts