piece of shit (71 westy)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you have a pillar drill and an angle grinder/hacksaw you can do it your self easy enough

as the beam is narrowed the narrowed the old brake pipes are too long to I'd planned on making some new ones up but my flaring too hasn't arrived :?
c4a9f66e.jpg

i managed to get myself a sip 150amp welder, so I have a few hours spare today and need to move my flexi hose mounts, but i've never welded before but understand theory, grind, turn on, turn nobs and tweak, good penetration, and it all over in a flash, just leaving a mess and you with burnt fingers and saw eyes :D
so I gave it a go
d5df9804.jpg

then I made my first weld on my bus :D not the prettiest but it's done the trick
0b296c70.jpg

in order Robbo, practice weld, weld mount, drink desperados :D

Stu I ended up just closing me eyes as i couldn't fit the mask and my massive head under the arch, avoided arch eye :D i do normally where a mask watched a mate weld once without a mask :? ouch

:rocknroll:
dubscum said:
in order Robbo, practice weld, weld mount, drink desperados :D

Stu I ended up just closing me eyes as i couldn't fit the mask and my massive head under the arch, avoided arch eye :D i do normally where a mask watched a mate weld once without a mask :? ouch

dubscum said:

easy way to top up the tan.

found myself with a spare afternoon which is rare so I hit the bus, making some mini brake lines and got to use my new flanger (lol)
Derrick the garage cat was over seeing things
dc8cd000.jpg

glad I bought a mini pipe bender (lol) :?
6a5d7b54.jpg

it's done the trick, that's full lock
432a1389.jpg

Nice and simple, didn't take long ..... then the fun started, I got the brake fluid out my tool box and there was about a thimble full in it, so I rushed to find somewhere open on good Friday to buy some more at half 3, got some for £6.99 :x poored it in and noticed it was leaking (pretty tight in my garage (not moaning, just painting a picture)) so I got a screw driver and lamp, lay under my bus and it was the pipe from the reservoir to the master cylinder (at the master cylinder) had a prod and this happened but my face was in the way :?
5dedb609.jpg

put a new jubilee clip and re filled it. Pissed out again, back under the bus, found a split in the pipe, had to cut an inch off it, which made it a little tight, but still usable.
struggled like hell getting the pipe over the nipple (lol) on the master cylinder in such confined space, I filled a jar with boiling water to dip the end of the pipe in (lol) to soften it up to push it over the nipple (lol) simplez :D
Now then, have you ever tried lie'in on your back, with your legs crossed, with a chassis leg a inch above your chin, with your hands above your with a jar of boiling water in one hand and 2 fingers trying to grip a pipe covered in brake fluid ......... so that will be burnt hand to add to the brake fluid in my mouth and ear .... I decided to call it a day with that and get some more pipe as soon as I can.

while i was working on the front end there's a bumper bold I can't shift. So while i was under there I got my blowlamp and heated the bolt until it was glowing, put the blow lamp down and grabbed my brake bar, but couldn't see the bolt very well so I moved my head, straight onto the blowlamp nozzle, burning my head and making a nice little bald patch
d2e8e031.jpg

I also smacked my forehead on the chassis when I jumped. I was at that point, where i unplugged everything, turned the light off, locked up and went and got some beers. Fucking bus :D

Aup dude I've got the original pipe off my bus that's fine an I also have some of the pipe from pipe world if they are any good to you ?

Grazy said:
Ash you are the third chuckle brother ,

To me = To you :lol:

yer not so much bad luck rather me being a tired twat :lol:

Rob b said:
Aup dude I've got the original pipe off my bus that's fine an I also have some of the pipe from pipe world if they are any good to you ?

Rob that would be sweet mate, lost my phone monday so lost your number mate. drop me a text and I'll pick it up. What you drink ?

dubscum said:
Grazy said:
Ash you are the third chuckle brother ,

To me = To you :lol:

yer not so much bad luck rather me being a tired twat :lol:

Rob b said:

Rob that would be sweet mate, lost my phone monday so lost your number mate. drop me a text and I'll pick it up. What you drink ?

Txted

:lol: quality write up fella made me laugh as I been there chassis rail an inch from face smashing head here there and everywhere , then you get some weld splatter in your ear and you just have to lie there whilst listening and feeling yourself on fire ... Keep at fella looking forward to seeing your bus in flesh, these are the stories you can tell around the campfire in the summer ;)

Chris

Latest posts