Please Help ID

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gas1man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Dormobile
Hi everyone I have introduced ourselves in the right place , am now keen to see what you make of this vehicle. It is advertised on Ebay as a 72 which is why it caught my eye. (171201981351). I have received a bunch of photo's. Perhaps one of you could help identify it. I tried to use the m code however it did nothing . (maybe its me- actually more than likely is.)

Would also help if any one in the York area has dealt with dubbeachvwsales.co.uk.

The only reason I am asking is that everything about this is screaming Late Bay and I don't want to commit to the wrong van.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Jonathan & Pippa
:? :?

Thank you very much everyone. :( You cant win them all. Unfortunately I cant go and see vehicle as it is to far away. However I am after a Early Bay only .

Thank you again

J & P

gas1man said:
Thank you very much everyone. :( You cant win them all. Unfortunately I cant go and see vehicle as it is to far away. However I am after a Early Bay only .

Thank you again

J & P

Just checking that you are aware that earlies have the low indicators at the front?

Yes am aware of that. It is advertised as a 72 and was exactly what we are after. Of course its
oh boy !!!!!!!! Then I had the photos through and it was aaaaaahhhh geeee. Never mind I am sure something will turn up.

J & P

you're after a 72 only?

to be fair unless you are after something specific and you like that one then there isn't much visual difference..

each year has differences and if you arnt fussed which year you have then just find something good and enjoy it, lots of people on here prefer certain years because of something specific, be it wide 5 stud pattern or early early only parts etc

if those things don't concern you then as I say buy a good one and go camping!

There are many differences between the years, reading thru here and looking at pictures you'll gradually realise them and figure which you prefer..

Best of luck with your search

I recommend a 71! - Disc brakes up front (maybe even servo assisted if a US van), early rear end and low lights.

If I am really honest though I prefer the look of a 68 / 69 / 70 ( just tricky if you need to buy new rear brake back plates though - rocking horse poo!)

Good Luck in your hunt :)

I love them all. Thank you very much for the assistance and wishing me luck in the search.
This purchase is a one time thing ,but has to right the first time.

:D :D :D

J & P

StuF said:
I think 1970's are best 8)

I do too! even tho mine is a 69 and im very happy to have it, a 70 would be first choice

wide 5's and early arches but I like the later side marker lights better than the 68-69 refelctors :D

Latest posts