Plymouth Volksfest 22-25th May - EVENT CANCELLED!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry UK

Reaction score
Just about to buy tickets, any one else going?

http://www.plymouthvolksfest.co.uk/faq-plymouth_volksfest.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lineup:

East 17, Atomic Kitten, Wilko Johnson, Finley Quaye, Otis Redding III, Mad Dog Mcrea, Land of the Giants, Lionface, Antimatador, Vince Lee & the Big Combo, Moriaty, Alex Hart, Double Denim, Haunt the Woods, Andy Quick's Unidentified Flying Orchestra, 4th Street Traffic, Thomas Ford, Melosa, ChainSka Brassika, There Goes Lizzie, Richard James and The Redoubt, Manushka, Russell Sinclair, The Retro Gents, Empire of Fools, The Paisley Strays, and Dead Set Dream. The Saturday night headliner and more acts are yet to be announced.

The line-up across six stages, including the main stage, local stage, an Aztec themed dance area with indoor and outdoor stages, The Dave chill out stage, a jammin stage, a cabaret and comedy tent, open mic, burlesque, cinema, kids performance classes, and more.

Read more at http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/volksfest/2015#zv68YXRUhRKYm0Xb.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tickets:

An adult weekend ticket is priced at £80 with camping. Youth (16 - 17 yrs) weekend with camping ticket is priced at £80, a festival junior (11 - 15yrs) weekend ticket is priced at £25, children aged 5-10 years weekend tickets are priced at £10. Children aged under 5 years can attend for free. All children under 18 must be accompanied by a ticket holding adult. Ticket prices do no include booking fees.

quick question : why is someone form Shrophire advising Plymouth volksfest ? nice van btw : my '72 Danbury was there last year but sadly prob can't go this year

Although it looks like I was advertising the festival I was more hoping that people would jump at the opportunity to join me & Sally for a weekend of drinking :lol:
As I was the first person posting the event I thought I would post info (its pretty much sold out now).

We chose to go to that festival because of the music, the VW part is just a bonus, we will be in Devon the week before for the Dartmouth music festival also.

Distance isn't an issue for us, I was down in Bude a couple of weeks ago for a few days then back home for Busfest Oswestry; all good practice for road trip this summer. Our van won't be on show as it is ready for some TLC but it will be parked up with beer in fridge and a comfy bed.

If you do make it then send PM

In fairness, dont expect too much of a VW Festival. Its started as a VW show and quickly morphed into a music festival. I went to the first one as it was set up as an alternative to Run To The Sun as it was deemed to have sold out, so quite ironic that this has done the same.
Either way, have a good time and enjoy it for what it is. I did see the Ocean Colour Scene are playing, Ive always liked them :msn4:

Bad news :(

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Volksfest-cancelled-major-Plymouth-music-event/story-26484616-detail/story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts