poll - do you run a front number plate??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

do you run a front number plate??

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
slammedkustom said:
lobus said:
This is a more comprehensive pic, nice height too. Looks like Gadget Boy and me have a similar addiction to aftermarket lights.
Maybe I will have to get a swampy and modify it to RHD to keep up with the peer group eh?
R0012857.jpg

so Lobus.... you often just "park up" out side toilets in parks?..... :lol:

Ha ha, good one, I shot meself right in the foot there. Tha pic was taken at our Victorian "Day of the Volkswagen" 2005 I think. The dunnys concerned are in front of a row of stables at the Cranbourne Racecourse, usually a more thourogh breed of horse power on display there!
Here is a couple of pics from the year before with a couple of other VWs
dovw1.jpg

R0011919.jpg

I think there is a misunderstanding, mine is RHD, always has been. Volkswagen Australia didn't do the right hand style wipers till about 1973. Makes no difference to me as it hasn't rained in Melbourne, for years!

i think all aussie motors had to be RHD by law.
Lobus do you think yours was a CKD kit?
that aussie sunshine just looks great! :lol:

I'm pretty sure mine was assembled here in Melbourne. There was a big Vw assembly plant just near where I grew up.
In the early days (50s and 60s) they were all CKD, but the Gov introduced local content laws that were basicaly the more Australian content/ the less duty you pay/ the cheaper you sell your cars.
My bus has always been RHD it is just the wipers that are arse about.

As far as the law goes, in the last few years it has been changed so that if you car is 30 years or older LHD is OK. We are now seeing American muscle cars of the 70s all over the joint
There are quite a few splittys that are findin their way downunder too.

On a side note about the VW factory, my father was a pastrycook and had his own bakery which used to supply the canteen at the factory. So maybe the blokes that put my bus togrther ate my Dad's cakes. Anywonder it is still going like a rocket.

Another one of my mate's dad was a security guard and worked on the boom gate at the front of the factory.
I love that we both now drive VWs. here is a pic of his

ccsc2-2.jpg

gregs_23-1.jpg

Love your panels Lobus, Slammedkustom and Spannerboy.

Good to see there is a few of us on here.

And Grazy will have one to add to the count soon! :wink:

Cricket.... what is cricket!
not a sports fan myself, spend all my time on my cars!

you have a mighty fine panel too scampi, lets all move to Oz for a photoshoot... Lobus fire up the BBQ ill bring the beers n cider! :lol:

Oh I would love to come over and check out some shows.

One of these days I will do the "even bigger trip" maybe to Brighton Breeze or something. There is another big bus show that some mates from Sydney went to as well is it busjam?
I also have the Octo show in California on my list as well as the one at Spa in Belgium.
Nice thing about being nearly retired is you can be a bit obsessive about your hobby, but still work to pay for all the travel.

Maybe the Northern Summer of 2008 could see me getting a few more stamps in me passport.

That's the one, Vanfest
When is that each year?
How long between it and to Brighton Breeze?
Vanfest is the one I am aiming at.
Maybe some one has a spare bus that they need a pilot for!

Just went to the Events section. Vanfest is on my birthday this year, maybe I can talk my financial controler into a present for me.
I'll have to get to work.

Latest posts