popping/backfire help

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wil said:
Hi guys - hope you get yours sorted, do keep us posted on your progress.

No progress here - although i checked the valve clearences & they were both closed up on number one so will adjust these when I get the chance. Will also do a compression test myself to see whats happening & make sure the manifold nuts are tight. Got a spare cylinder head on it's way to me as we speak & new plugs & other bits to try. Not trusting the garages diagnostics :roll:

Do you not think that you've ready diagnosed the problem......

sparkywig said:
wil said:

No progress here - although i checked the valve clearences & they were both closed up on number one so will adjust these when I get the chance. Will also do a compression test myself to see whats happening & make sure the manifold nuts are tight. Got a spare cylinder head on it's way to me as we speak & new plugs & other bits to try. Not trusting the garages diagnostics :roll:

:lol:

Yep - nothing like double checking though.

I have a spare engine to pop in now so I can remove & inspect the damage - will let you know what i find

PS - ZedBed, I haven't been driving around in it! I just didn't have my feelers with me (van's in a lock up away from my house....& tools)

Cheers

wil said:
sparkywig said:
wil said:

:lol:

Yep - nothing like double checking though.

I have a spare engine to pop in now so I can remove & inspect the damage - will let you know what i find

PS - ZedBed, I haven't been driving around in it! I just didn't have my feelers with me (van's in a lock up away from my house....& tools)

Cheers
:lol: Sorry - you sounded so laid back about it I thought you deserved a swift kick. :lol:

Latest posts