Porsche Seat Installation Help

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hampole

Reaction score
I bought some Porsche seats and finally got round to fitting them. I've come across a few problems which I would be grateful if anyone could help me with:

1. With one runner centred near the edge where you walk through, the other runner near the door is all the way over. If I drilled through, then I would not be on the flat of the wheel arch. In order to get this runner on the flat of the wheel arch, I have to put the runner near the walk through all the way over to the door side of this plinth. It will work (just!) but I doesn't feel right that the runner isn't in the centre of the plinth:

2. What should I do about the under side of the runners? There is a peg on either side that I guess I could cut off. The main problem is the bent bits at the front. On one runner I guess I could bend it back flat. On the other runner though the bend is used for the seat retractor spring. I won't be able to bend it flat without removing the bit that the spring attaches too. Not too sure how important it is to have the seat auto retracting when you lift the lever:

3. The final problem is the seat position adjuster pegs. To lock the seat in position after you release the lever, pegs drop through holes in the runners. As the pegs are longer than the thickness of the runner, ideally the runners will need to be elevated for the pegs to drop all the way through the holes. I don't want to do this though as raising the seat when I'm over 6 foot is not preferred!

Any help / tips gratefully received

If you are over 6foot then I think you will find the seats too high even on their lowest setting and you'll probably have your legs hitting the steering wheel, I did when I tried to fit them to my bus although I have an flat (no-dish) steering wheel fitted.
I ended up removing the runners and bolting them to the floor through the brackets that bolt to the runners. With a bit of fettling you can keep the base raising action and this actually moves the seat forward as well as up so provides a little flexibility.
I also ended up with a spacer under the steering wheel for a bit more space and to allow sufficient movement of my legs to press the pedals!

I welded a couple of plates onto the sides of the outer runners and bolted them down through the tub.
The inner runner on the driver's seat is bolted to the tub using the fixing holes in the runner, but the passenger seat has two angled plates that attach to the side of the tub on the walk through part.

Latest posts