Porsche seats and the Westy cab bunk

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Telford Mulisha

Reaction score
Hi
I fancy changing the front seats in my Westy for Porsche Tombstones. Does anyone know if you can still fit the cab bunk/hammock if the seats are tilted forward?
Might have to have a rethink if it's not practicable.

Cheers
Nik

A friend of mine Nick (Alpsbay on here) runs tombstones and pushes them forward to front of the bus then leans them back to fit his weary bunk. He has no bulk heads and a passenger swivel also...
Drop him a message, I'm sure he'll confirm or may even have some pics!!! Ben

I had recaros in my last bus but to get the cab bunk to fit I had to remove the clips on the headrests so that these could be removed in order to get the bunk to lie properly. Problem is I don't think that this is possible with the tombstones as they're integrated ??

Had a bit of a rethink about the seats, has anyone fitted MK1 MX5 seats?

I've been looking on ebay and the early seats sit quite low and the head rest are removable. I'm hoping I can still get the cab bunk in the westy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mazda-mx5-mk1-mk2-mk2-5-seats-ideal-trs-mgs-and-kit-cars-/281192637202?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4178632312" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers
Nik

Latest posts