Porsche seats with cab bunk

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello

Not sure whether it helps but I have just brought a cab bunk for my bay.

On the instructions it states that you drill the holes 5" above the top of the dash board.

Taking that into account from memory I think that will not cover the top of your seats ?

Maybe wrong though ?

I've already got my original brackets fitted and use the bunk every time we take the little one away, I was planning on upgrading my front seats to porsche tombstones but if you can't use the bunk then il have to have a rethink.

Depends if you have bulk heads or not. Nick aka Alpsbay on here has tombstones, no bulkheads and the front bunk fits, even has a swivel on the passenger side...!! ;)

Some of the custom bunks might be persuaded to fit? thats what I'm hoping, even if the canvas need to be altered a little? holes cut/hemmed whatever?? I'm going to investigate the possibilities when i actually get to seem some bunks up close at the shows, like the looknof this one http://nlavw.com/gb/interior/41-adjustable-child-cab-bunk-for-t2-split-window.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Simon.

Ive got a pair of 924 seats in my bus and a NLA bunk and it fits , I just slide seats as far foward as I can then recline them as much as I can - the back pole still slightly touches headrest but it does fit . I don't no about og cab bunks with og brackets though

coopster said:
Ive got a pair of 924 seats in my bus and a NLA bunk and it fits , I just slide seats as far foward as I can then recline them as much as I can - the back pole still slightly touches headrest but it does fit . I don't no about og cab bunks with og brackets though

Good to know ta, don't have any pictures of it up do you?

S.

Not at the moment , Im offshore till the 26th but I can get some pics posted after that as Im off on holiday and will be using the bunk

I removed my passenger bulk head and fitted a swivel base.
The bulk head is still present on the drivers side but I cut the top tube down and welded a new piece of tube in the lowered position.

With the Porsche seat all the way forward and fully reclined, I am now able to use the standard cab bunk.

I can send you a few pics if interested.

As has been said it is worth measuring as our bunks fit in the original westy position and I have seen many after market seats fitted that can't recline due to the original bulkhead or cabinets fitted behind. I myself have had a set of Recaros in the front of my old SA '69 panel van that I used to take the headrests off to fit a bunk over but of course this isn't possible with a tombstone seat. If you want we can give you the dimensions for our bunk fixings if you give us a call or drop us an e-mail :)

coopster said:
Not at the moment , Im offshore till the 26th but I can get some pics posted after that as Im off on holiday and will be using the bunk

Had a chance to get some pics of the bunk/tombstone seats combo yet??

Cheers,
Simon

Latest posts