Porsche Wheels + Early bay + Adapters = Fun and games..

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joneastwood

Reaction score
So finally moved onto my suspension now

IMG_77071.JPG

stock beam with adjusters for now with a 944 front setup :)

So with that in mind picked up a set of running around wheels to get me off and mobile
IMG_77061.JPG

Rears I am fitting adapters for now
IMG_76961.JPG

And that's where the fun has begun....

Now cant fit the center caps even with the adapter spacing things out :evil: :roll:
IMG_76941.JPG

IMG_76951.JPG

IMG_76971.JPG

IMG_76981.JPG

Anyone got any bright Ideas?

Got a horrible feeling i am going to have the same issue on the fronts :shock:

You can fit late bay stub axles which are shorter, or get yours machined down.
The fronts unfortunately will have to have spacers fitted if you want to run centre caps.
Have a look at my resto thread, I like wheels. :D

on the front you could fit a spacer to the wheel itself, but this may cause you other issues.

as for rear, you will probably need to convert it to narrow 5 or Porsche fitment.

going to fit the front beam tonight and fronts and see where i go from there

As I have no idea how much the track width of the front will have changed and that might cause other issues

You're going to have problems in the front as well. You could use later wheelhubs.

I will go and take a picture of my front set-up and post it up for you if it will help . I`ve got 64-67 Splitscreen spindles , 944 hubs with longer studs pressed in , stretched grease caps with a specially machined ring/spacer under them etc.... Welcome to the world of Porsche wheels ! It`s worth the aggro though , it`s good to be different to everyone else . Have a look at my resto thread for pictures of my machined rear hubnuts ( on late bay set-up ) and machined centre caps .

Do you run dropped spindles?
Cause if you do, prepare for some rubbing. I've got cookies on mine and even without spacers I'm rubbing in tight corners on braking. Rule of thumb in my bus, brake or steer, don't do both... :lol:

Latest posts