Powder coating wheels

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi guys n gals 8)

Any one know a good place to get a set of 4 15inch steels blasted and powder coated?

Within reasonable driving distance from Bristol or in Bristol would be awesome!

I have been quoted £312 all in, but that seems a touch steep to me!

Any ideas?

thank you :mrgreen:

gave the guy I use a call, soda blasted & powder coat £180 for 4
price compare only as he's in north Kent

cheers dood! i will get on the look out, as that was the sort of figure i was looking at :)

Much appreciated. 8) :mrgreen:

Be careful with the bolt/nut holes. Its seems that if you do not remove the paint/coat from the countersunk wheel nut hole they are known to loosen and back off. Think there are a few posts on here with bus owners suspecting this is the reason their wheel fell off!

That quote isn't bad mate I work for AP tyres custom wheels I refurb wheels for a job we charge 40+ vat a wheel

Hope this helps

Steve

68bay said:
That quote isn't bad mate I work for AP tyres custom wheels I refurb wheels for a job we charge 40+ vat a wheel

Hope this helps

Steve

cheers dood, im still in 2 minds wether to powder coat or paint. will get my thinking cap on! :mrgreen:

Very expensive. I have had loads of powder coating done over the years on wheels and I've never paid more than around £100 for blasting and coating.
Places such as ap in Rotherham, £40 a wheel but your just paying the middle man.
Find a local powder coating place, one that does all sorts, usually on some dirty industrial estates.

As above, our local lad charges £1 an inch for the coating and about £5 a wheel for blasting. They're always great too. Have a look in the yellow pages for a powder coater who just does anything and everything.

georgeyv said:
As above, our local lad charges £1 an inch for the coating and about £5 a wheel for blasting. They're always great too. Have a look in the yellow pages for a powder coater who just does anything and everything.

I've recently paid £35 per wheel all in. This seems to be the cheapest going rate in the NW.

Seems some good prices, this place is literally just down the road and does include priming, antirust pre coat, powder coating all for drive in and out, includes tyre removal refit n balance as well.

Will have look around though, thank all! :mrgreen: 8)

easy said:
Seems some good prices, this place is literally just down the road and does include priming, antirust pre coat, powder coating all for drive in and out, includes tyre removal refit n balance as well.

Will have look around though, thank all! :mrgreen: 8)

I'd have said for blasting and coating about £40 a wheel, maybe with VAT I guess, so your price with tyre removal and refit/balancing actually looks better value.
Tyre fitting can be an odd one, loads of people say they get it done for buttons but in the past I have struggled to get somewhere to do it for me when I had my own tyres and ended up paying through the nose. I have access to a machine now so its not an issue for me.

I'm lucky here in Derby as I work next to a tyre place that does a wheel strip for free and £7 to refit, valve and balance. And I'm a couple of miles away from a place that does cleaning, blasting and powder coating for £25 cash per wheel! - So £32 a corner, all in, but that's with me doing the leg work inbetween and taking the wheels off and back myself...

http://www.realitymotorworks.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ask for Nick

Latest posts