Propex Heater - Under Floor Mounting??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazmidas

Reaction score
Morning,

Has anyone installed a propex heater underneath a van? My van has no belly pans so there is plenty of space, seems a shame to waste space inside the van....

Ideally I want to plumb the heater into the van's original pipework, so the demister etc gets so heat - will the propex kit be sufficient?

Gareth

Doh! Has anyone tried adding additional fans to suck the hot air through to the cab?

Gareth

I have done this to Boris and placed the propex in a galvanised tray .
I have also cut into the heating system . I also run heat exchangers , so have had a butterfly
valve installed into the propex tube to avoid blow back into the propex. A few pics on my thread.
"Boris" is the heading. PM me if you need any advice.
My model is the 4411 and seems strong enough to do the screen as long as the heat does not go any where else.

J & P
:D :D :D

Have mine blowing on screen and definitely helps on damp days haven't tried it in icey conditions

Mounted internally , as the external one didn't quite work out for me /couldnt fit where i wanted , think was a extra 100 quid as well .

Mines a Panel so no rear under seat outlets . and i got rid of most of the centre pipe (a lot of rust in it ), run j tubes so no heat exchangers

placed in bottom of cupboard behind drivers seat ( RHD)

couple of pics

Chico

Latest posts