Put a price on it?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89Rallye

Reaction score
I've been offered a px on my 68 earlybay that I'm quite interested in doing but since the bays not really finished I'm struggling to put a value on it.

A few on here know the trials and tribulations I've had with vans recently and so I'm torn between getting rid or finishing it but do like the idea of swapping for something done and ready to camp in (plus I have another project that really needs some attention )

Anyway, 68 bay like brand new underneath all rubbers, ball joints, tie rods etc , fully refurbed 1641 engine, all wiring done, air shocks.. Had way too much key spent on it..

Van in question,

Freshly rebuilt 1641.

Problem is the market is flooded with bays at the moment and the price variations is so vast I'm not sure what to do,

I know it's still needs bodywork (i planned on leaving it) and interior but I had £6500 in mind but a mate of mine is saying more like £7500-8000..

I've never really px'ed before so struggling a little, if I was selling I'd just stick a cheeky price tag on it and take offers like most do.

The other van in question is up for offer around £10k, which straight away tells me it's worth £9000-9500.

So I'm thinking I offering my van plus £2500?

I also realise it's worth more mot'd and registered which it's very close to doing but I am lacking in motivation at the moment.

Sorry for prattling on as usual :)

I like what you have done so far and think you will regret swapping it in the long term. I would get it on the road as quickly as possible and use it as is. When you have the enthusiasm again tackle the interior and bodywork. Either way I would get it on the road as it will be worth more.

Cheers, I know alot of people will tell me to keep it and te fact haven't mentioned what the other van is wasn't by mistake :msn4: let's just say it's watercooled :shock:

For the majority of people that don't know me I always intended on selling this van (originally as it stood as a project) as I have another bay that I intend on keeping which has been sat since September fresh from the Bodyshop.

I think I'd have to sell a kidney to keep and run them both anyway :D

She's getting pissed off with it all, show seasons upon us and the sun is occasionally shining 8)

I think that your bus and 1500 would equate to a swap equal to a t25 westy in red

:roll:

Sent from my VS TOUCHTAB 10.1DC

mattyd72 said:
I think that your bus and 1500 would equate to a swap equal to a t25 westy in red

i

Lol your either the owner of said T25 or a serial vzi addict like me :lol:

I'd get rid of the 68, buy the t25 and use it

While enjoy rebuilding the 71 to a standard and finish you are happy with and you can take as much time as you like

Then flirt the t25 !!

What year is the bay that your keeping?
Its not one you have to pay road tax on is it? :?
Just do the deal if the missus is aggin ya.
Fuck the expence :mrgreen:

Rich

89Rallye said:
mattyd72 said:

i

Lol your either the owner of said T25 or a serial vzi addict like me :lol:

The latter :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Looks so close to the road!

Why not just grit your teeth and get it MOT'd: then you can use, abuse and find the mojo for it again?

If you don't, the MOT makes it worth a lot more and a hell of a lot more sellable (they can drive it away, rather than hassle with trailers etc).

Problem I have is camper jam etc is very close, the other half hates this bay and wants the green one done..

Even if I get it roadworthy it's still not really campable (if that's a word :lol: ) and with her in doors being a prima-Donna..... It's all just a pain in the arse tbh and I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall.

Not really looking to sell it as I'm in no rush to get rid of her which is why I was more looking for a swap/px with something running, roadworthy and ready to camp. Plus if I have cash in my hand I know that money will end up invested in something else.

The green early I'm keeping is a 71 deluxe, in my eyes the best of all worlds and the one I wanted.

T25 seems a quick fix and it's a nice high spec model all be it in a pants colour, should be easy to sell on once the bay finish and I've bought the karmann ghia 8) .... But that's another story.

I've got to say, I love a nice T25 and would have one in a heartbeat. Sorry I can't help with the pricing though - I've got no idea about that sort of thing! :roll:

Looks like it's failed before it's even got started :(

Guy is reluctant to send me any photos and just keeps saying its super straight (apart from one damaged panel and some rust!) and telling me to just come and have a look (6-7 hour drive!)

Then today asked to see photos of mine... After I'd already shown him the build thread on here,

And let's face it anyone who knows me or read any thread I've ever written knows I'm a bit photo happy :lol:

Sent him 3 photobucket albums with 918 photos....

Anyway, now he's talking about me mot'ing/registering the bay and meeting him halfway to see if we can do a deal.. He's kind of missed the point when I said I'm looking for something to camp in straight away so its not the quick swap I was looking for. Told him if I mot it then I'd provably just keep it, so that's probably the end of it I think :(

Thanks for all your input though much appreciated as usual 8)

89Rallye said:
Problem I have is camper jam etc is very close, the other half hates this bay and wants the green one done..

Even if I get it roadworthy it's still not really campable (if that's a word :lol: ) and with her in doors being a prima-Donna..... It's all just a pain in the arse tbh and I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall.

Not really looking to sell it as I'm in no rush to get rid of her which is why I was more looking for a swap/px with something running, roadworthy and ready to camp. Plus if I have cash in my hand I know that money will end up invested in something else.

The green early I'm keeping is a 71 deluxe, in my eyes the best of all worlds and the one I wanted.

T25 seems a quick fix and it's a nice high spec model all be it in a pants colour, should be easy to sell on once the bay finish and I've bought the karmann ghia 8) .... But that's another story.

Mate I am in the same boat. Camper jam ttwo years on the trot without even having my bus :-( My wife is also a princess and has given me a shit load of ball ache over her.

My advice, do not do the deal, finish what you started. Man up grow some balls and apologies to the wife a lot. Doesn;t matter what for there is bound to be something you did wrong.

Marriedblonde said:
89Rallye said:

Mate I am in the same boat. Camper jam ttwo years on the trot without even having my bus :-( My wife is also a princess and has given me a shit load of ball ache over her.

My advice, do not do the deal, finish what you started. Man up grow some balls and apologies to the wife a lot. Doesn;t matter what for there is bound to be something you did wrong.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been about 6 years now at least, and I'm trying to finish what I started first the green 71 deluxe 8)

I'll just keep plodding on with them,

Thought at the moment is to sell the lot and buy a F**D :lol: :msn4:

Latest posts