Quarter Lights

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave M

Reaction score
I'm in the process of stripping my bay for paint, but have hit a dead end on the front quarter lights. I've unscrewed everything I can find & the window frame can now be moved but how do I physically lift it out of the door? The channel on the back of the window that goes down into the door comes up about 2-3 inches then gets stuck?

Dave

hi - did this a few weeks back - i removed the black seal that is clipped to the door as i was repalcing all the seals but i`m quite sure you don`t have to do this.

I just tipped the quarter light back about 45 degrees then jiggled it backwards a bit then joggled it upwards and out of the door. It wouldn`t come at first but it hink you have to have it in just the right position.

The guide i follwed is in the tech faq`s for fitting new window scrapers. Hope that helps!
Mike

Yep, saraj's technical sticky, click in the top box. I think there's a hidden bolt/screw somewhere from memory when i did mine.

Al

Cheers guys, just has a look at the guide suggested & now off to the cold garage to have a go :D

Latest posts