Question for paint Guru?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does it look ridiculous?

• Yes, what are you thinking - you're a grown man!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, It'll be the coolest ride ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Cheers for the words of advice Pete - I guess my thinking is that it will look old school that much faster, but to be honest I'd rather have the gloss look but 'age' it if I can - any advice on this? I want it to look like it was done when the bus was new if you know what I mean!

;)

You could flat it off afterwards. The matting agent is the way to do it properly, but you will have to suffer the results long term.

Anyone that knows me will tell you it would be gloss!

OK, you want patina. Peint it in 2k top coat, not base coat & clear. If you want it to look old then a join in the paint will look more authentic between the colours. The Beugler pinstriper will make it look more original too.

Paint your main colours on & flat the paint back with 1200 wet paper. It doesn't matter if you go a bit far in places it will add to the effect.

Mop it back up with G3 to a semi shine finish. Paint on the other detail, use as much brush sign writing as possible & run the mop over it after a day or so very lightly, it should take some of the sign writing off making it look aged.

If you use any decals, adjust them in photo shop & fade or even distress them before printing. It is hard to age a printed graphic after as most have a 10 year garuntee.

It can be done...

when i wanted to distress the stikers for my cali import bug i kept them in my back pockets for a week! works a treat!

you can use certain kitchen products to distress the paint to, its a fine line between "well worn" and "that needs a lick of paint"
:wink:

Latest posts