R´n´R beds please clear out my confusion

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1961bluebug

Reaction score
I´ll be in the market for a full width bed. Yes I used search, but I would like to gather information regarding total length of the various beds as I have confusing information and length is important for me!

So please if owners can chime in for me and for future searchers?

Options I´m considering are following:

Original Westfalia bed replica
Rusty Lee bed
Bluebird bed
Volkswares bed
Justkampers bed

I´m leaning towards Volkswares as it looks sturdy, I like that I don´t have to use plywood (steel grid as a part of construction) and I´ve heard it is longest of all?
Please give us basic dimensions, and if you want, short review of your bed (installation, durability)

Thank you!

We trim lots of different sorts. If I were going to buy one it would be Rusty Lee all day long. They're the best looking when trimmed IMO as the radius on the corners looks good and the front and mid cushions are the same size ...lending some symmetry to the seat. Having the ply boards is a good thing. The mesh is a pain to be honest. It's preferable to trim to the ply.

I hope that helps.

I have a full width Rusty Lee bed and can only say I would buy it again. Good quality and easy to fit.
It comes with the plywood boards, but if you have it upholstered by Delilahs they incorporate boards into the cushion.

Resto-raider said:
I have a full width Rusty Lee bed and can only say I would buy it again. Good quality and easy to fit.
It comes with the plywood boards, but if you have it upholstered by Delilahs they incorporate boards into the cushion.

Exactly that ^^^ Try and stay away from vinyl unless you like sticky :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, And sturdy :mrgreen:

Hey guys thanks so much for the great words about the beds. That makes it all worth my while to know you guys are all happy

Thanks

Rusty

Latest posts