Radar Alloy Fitting

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHewsonFamily

Reaction score
I bought my bus with radar alloy wheels fitted but they have massive spacers on the rear to give the clearance from the hubs. This results on them being VERY close to rubbing the inner arches. Is this normal or have the wrong wheels been fitted?

I would think the spacers are fitted so that the centre of the wheel clears the hub nut and also maybe due to the ribs on the drum itself. Not uncommon way to get Radars to fit. This thread would benefit from pictures as I am sure someone will have an idea on how to help you.

To fit radars you need a castle nut off ebay for a t25 that has a reduced inner edge

Spacers

I also had to grind down the swirls on my drum etc

Then you need to realise that the dustcaps won't fit

Thanks guys. It looks like it is the ribs that are the problem. I will take some photos and get them posted when I get the bus back from the paintshop.

The ribbed edge on the drum is the reason I have spacers fitted to my Empi 5's too. Making it really close to the arch too. Thought they were a straight fit :(

69PROJECT said:
To fit radars you need a castle nut off ebay for a t25 that has a reduced inner edge

Mmmh,

I had the problme fitting Cosmics on my 69. Would the T25 nuts fit on that hub too?
Just having some caps milled.

Dirk

Does anyone know if you can get aftermarket rear drums without the ribs?

The ones from Machine7 look like they may have smaller ribs http://www.machine7.com/product.php?xProd=1680&xSec=1000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The centre caps will fit - you just have to trim down the retaining clips so they fit around the castellated nut...

20160320_181634.jpg

Each to there own like but I don't see the appeal in them, all that hassle and to get them on, they don't suit an old bus, they look like some halfords wolf race wheels to me.

I have radars fitted....the fins on the back are shaved off, I have 10 mm spacers fitted and shorter castle nut. not had any issues with wheel rubbage

Latest posts