Radar Wheels fitted but tyre size/speed rating issues.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Telford Mulisha

Reaction score
Hi All

Finally got my radars on... but the 185x65x15 tyres foul big time on the rear inner arch.

I have horseshoe plates fitted and 10mm spacers (because the back of the Radars foul on the drum casting)

My options are...

Grind the drum casting down to get the wheel 10mm further on. (don't really want to do this)
Fit 175x65x15 but in this size they are only rated at 560kg (88H), is that a bad idea?

Anybody else running Radars 0r 175x65x15 that can help?

Thanks
Nik

Is your bus a full interior camper? I think this is when the load rating kicks in more, but there are plenty of people that ignore it, running 'slam' tyres, which are basically, compact car tyres, and seem fine. I guess its a peace of mind thing, what are you happy doing?
I've got 175 60's on the front of mine, think they're rated at 88, but tyre palcae told me they would be fine, plus my bus has no interior, and probably never will, so no ral weight there.

What is the oem use for 175 65's? If its some kind of light weight compact, maybe not, but if its a reasonable sized car, then maybe o.k.

I would get the hubs machined so you can fit the wider tyre. You can also get shorter axle stubs from transporterhaus that would stop your raders fouling the hub nuts

Latest posts