why do my wheels never fit

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

69PROJECT

Reaction score
i know there are some simple answers to this but im on my third set of rims and none will go under the arch

its a 68 bay with horseshoe plates fitted at the moment no spline adjustment yet

i tried radars but castle bolt and spacers meant it was a no no....

so i tried american eagles but being 5.5 they were too wide...

now have a set of brms(5" i guess)....

these obviously fit better but ive just tried 175/55 and the tyre still rubs!

i have 165/50s for front but if im getting desperate at the rear

i saw a split in a magazine recently with 165/80s recently but wary of buying a set of tyres that dont fit!

any ideas??????????????????????????

at this rate ninove wont be happening! :msn4:

Simon

Do a search on the internet for wheel offset and make a brew and do a little reading.

In short, most alloys have a crap offset hence why you get into problems, once you understand rim width and offset you'll be able to work out what you need ;)

mattp said:
Do a search on the internet for wheel offset and make a brew and do a little reading.

In short, most alloys have a crap offset hence why you get into problems, once you understand rim width and offset you'll be able to work out what you need ;)

matt the brms fit,its just the tyres that rub :x

mattp said:
IIRC they also have a shite off set -sommit like ET12

yep all rims seem to be bus unfriendly

just seen a thread that ash(dubscum) had some 165 80s so going to mail him as i cant afford another set of rims

Read up on ET and understand rim with and the difference in with from say, a stock 5.5j rim to an alloy 5.5j

It is straightforward, you just need to find something similar to stock. Understanding this allowed a friend to fit 9j rims with monstor tyres on his slammed bus, no running on springplate or arch (Porka rims in case you were wondering)

mattp said:
Read up on ET and understand rim with and the difference in with from say, a stock 5.5j rim to an alloy 5.5j

It is straightforward, you just need to find something similar to stock. Understanding this allowed a friend to fit 9j rims with monstor tyres on his slammed bus, no running on springplate or arch (Porka rims in case you were wondering)

i get what you are saying but have no pounds to spend on another set of rims....

We have brms fitted with toyo 175 60 15's. fit a treat and can just stick a finger in the gap between tyre and arch.

Also, I can confirm this setup clears both early and late type rear arches - as our bus has one of each :shock:

thejones's said:
We have brms fitted with toyo 175 60 15's. fit a treat and can just stick a finger in the gap between tyre and arch.

Also, I can confirm this setup clears both early and late type rear arches - as our bus has one of each :shock:

ive tried 175 55s an they wont go.ive read that flat4 and ssp etc have different ets

BRMs with 195/60/15s fitted on the rear.

offside007.jpg

69PROJECT said:
Grazy said:
Steels Simon !!

boring,im also stubborn.... :oops:

Steels aren't boring....

010-4.jpg

001-83.jpg

sparkywig said:
Looks tight?

A friend of mine (Tintop on here) recently had trouble fitting his wheels on the back of his van because newer tyres seem to all have sidewall protectors (thread here: http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43658" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

For what it's worth: steels all the way in my opinion :D

gvee said:
sparkywig said:
Looks tight?

A friend of mine (Tintop on here) recently had trouble fitting his wheels on the back of his van because newer tyres seem to all have sidewall protectors (thread here: http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43658" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

For what it's worth: steels all the way in my opinion :D

A couple of mm between tyre and arch, but never rubbed.

Latest posts