re 71 bay on ebay ridiculous price

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vwaddict

Reaction score
has anybody else viewed this with disbelief http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1971-VW-Camper-Bay-Type-2-T2-Tax-Excempt_W0QQitemZ290191117600QQihZ019QQcategoryZ14256QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem this owner is looking for £7500 for this not sure if they were misled when they bought it but if thats never been welded im a dutchman :shock:

he has dropped the price to 3.5k now but i bet the reserve is still 7.5k,
i think people are getting a bit caught up in the whole thing and prices are getting carried away with themselves. my bay looked better than that when i bought it 1.5 years ago and i still felt a bit ripped off at 2.3k back then. now in comparison i feel like i nabbed a bargain espesialy as i sold all the bits i didnt want off it for 500 notes

it`s the age old problem. Something becomes more popular and therefore more people want it and then the price goes up so more people think hey i better get in quick which helps push the price up...look at the housing market.
Ijust hope that bays don`t go the way of splits where no-one without a spare 20 grand laying around can afford one.
Are there still any earlybay bargains left??

Also looks like a converted panel van from the photo's.

Check the window rubbers.

At the end of the day it's only worth what someone will pay for it. If someone want's to give the man £7500 good luck to him I say. I wouldn't pay that much, but that's just my opinion.

I think he's put up enough pictures that anyone buying it should know what they're getting, and at the end of the day I wouldn't spend that much on a car without seeing it in the metal firsthand anyway.

scott wilson said:

Yep, buy my panelvan! :lol:

A years MOT, super solid, and just over £3K. Bargain.

scott wilson said:

Mine was £260 a couple of months ago...But it had been robbed to death...

Running total is £846 , but she is nearly there..

mick..

Gadget Boy said:
kempy said:
Also looks like a converted panel van from the photo's.

Check the window rubbers.

Thats cus it is i like the fact that its neva been welded BUT its gunna need a shite load :shock:

Yea he's a little biased towards the 0 - 10 in respect of rust on the panel's

its definatly had replacement rear corners as the panels dont meet right and the front of the rear wheel arches look like theyve been done aswell bit of a bin really ive broken better in the past hate to imagine what the undersides like

:( ok have to admit underside looks good but still not worth £7500 as it certainly needs welding now and every panel :D