rear interior light

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerplunk

Reaction score
Hi
Im a newby on here so I suppose I'd better introduce myself or leave myself open to accusations of rudenes.
I'm chris and have had a 71 dormobile bay for 12 years or so.
My problem is the rear interior light has just stopped working.Its the little one just above the rear end of the sliding door. The bulb is ok, but there is no current on either side of the bulb/switch in roof. The panel switch has power (both sides when switched on). It appears that the wire runs round to the rear of the roof opening. Where does it go exactly, and does anyone know any probable cause for it to pack up.

Hiya Chris and welcome, dont no the answer but have got exactly the same problem and am a bit stumped so will be watching this thread with interest. Sure someone will be along shortly with the answer.

The power supply wire from the aux switch on the dash runs across and up the windscreen pillar then above the door and sliding door, hidden behind the coated hardboard finisher panels (assuming its a stock vehicle)

Im in the same boat and couldnt figure it out either as the rear is a 3 position switch to so have to keep messing with the dash switch, and climbing in the back seeing if any combination works, it doesnt :lol:

Latest posts