Rear Lens - fading solution?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cotswoldiver

Reaction score
Has anyone come across a suitable product to 'freshen' up the red lens section of the rear lights?

Mine have just got through the MOT OK, but there is a fair bit of white starting to show through. Thought maybe some form of red stage lighting filter gel might work, but I would welcome any thoughts on what other people have used. Don't really want to change the whole lens as its a SA bus which is a little different with markings when compared to the usual german hella replacement and trying hard to keep it stock

Worse case scenario - paint the bulbs with red nail polish!

not done this myself, but what about some red ink, quality daler rowney or somehitng like that or the kind of inks/paints used for making stained glass; thin, translucent, but evenly covers type thing? food for thought?

Hi!

You can buy glass paint from ebay which it translucent, maybe this painted on the inside would do the trick, only a few quid, and i have some orange to paint my front indicator bulbs sometime....

Cheers!

Alistair

I think what Clem suggests is the best option.I've tried that translucent glass paint before when trying to paint bulbs green,but it's much too thin on coverage to change the colour output even after loads of coats.I ended up using some aerosol car body paint which worked just fine.Or nail polish as Clem says would work just fine.

But it looks like the red lense tinting spray would work too.But theres a small chance it might look a bit patchy if you've got original lense colour and the new tinting spray sprayed over it.It's not likle you could remove all the old colour and get an even coverage? I take it you would spray the inside of the lense.I suppose you could test spray a bit of clear plastic to see if it would notice? It'd proably be fine and you wouldn't notice though.

Latest posts