Rear seat belt advice.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

currylager

Reaction score
Hello all,

i spent all morning trying to fit a middle cab seat and lap belt to my bus only to find it really isnt practical, my partners head would probably end up hitting the windscreen if we ever had a bump :? . Therefore i guess the only option is too fit a couple of seatbelts in the rear instead somehow :roll: .

Rather than waste any more money i'd be grateful if i could draw on some early bus fellows experience before i go any further if possible pls. The bus is a 68 with a devon moonraker interior, i see there are 2 bolt holes below the two rear windows which must (hopefully) be for seatbelts of some sort.

If someone could provide some advice on how to do this and where to get the bits from (pics speak a thousand words ;), useful threads etc that would be ace. The first show of the year is only a couple of weeks away and it would be a shame to miss it for the sake of a seatbelt problem rather than the usual MOT problems that usually strike me down instead :(

Many thanks

James

Hi James

If your bus was a Kombi when it came out the factory (ie has factory windows all round) then the seatbelt points will all be there, you just need to get the hardware from JustKampers or simular and bolt them in. If yours was a panel van then you will have to drill the holes and use the large steel wahers to spread the load. Either way its not that difficult.

Not a great pic, but you can just make out the fixings above the propex. The top ones are below the windows on the sides

Picture166.jpg

Just

Thanks for the input, are these seat belts two point? ie' just the one point below the rear seat and one below the rear window?. If so do i need the inertia reel type and fit the reels below the rear window? :roll:. I've had a look at the JK website and can only see the front seatbelt kits for sale, can i use these? Still scratching my head at the moment :( .

currylager said:
Thanks for the input, are these seat belts two point? ie' just the one point below the rear seat and one below the rear window?. If so do i need the inertia reel type and fit the reels below the rear window? :roll:. I've had a look at the JK website and can only see the front seatbelt kits for sale, can i use these? Still scratching my head at the moment :( .

Hi
The nearside one has an inertia rear and is 3 point, the other is a lap belt. Use the front kit from JK, hard to explain ill try and take some pics tomorow. Also worth looking at Uber-Cools thread in the gallery, her has a great seatbelt mount, more for us Westy owners but may give you some ideas.

Just

Yeah any more pics of what you've got would be great ;) . I am aware that the westy interior requires a bit more creativity (seen pics) but if i can do my devon setup with a much simpler arrangement that would be better.

Yours in anticipation.

James

the third fixings are on the wheel arch, the middle seat was a simple lap belt static.... If it was a Kombi otherwise its a case of fitting / welding anchors to the arch available cheaply via the usual sources

Take a look here http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12609" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; the stripped out rear shows the mounts 8)

Just

Latest posts