rear tail lights

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n5blr

Reaction score
Hi, this may be for a different section on the forum. i am a little confused to the tail lights on my '68 early bay, the vin # is 238065855. how should the lights be? i know they are the small tail light similar to the split bus but should there be a chrome bezel around the tail light or are the lights produced with a "chrome" bezel in the plastic as i have seen in hella versions. would someone have the correct part number?

many thanks Norman

Hi Norman, i believe the chrome bezel to be a feature of a Deluxe bus rather than a year with bays, i have a deluxe microbus, so bought some new red lenses and chrome metal bezels from vw heritage (non original but great quality) with my us spec reversing converted to indicators,

from looking round a few shows, if you just want it for aesthetics, get the two piece ones, as the all in one painted/chromed plastic ones look cheap and nasty, and the repro ones are exactly that!

If you want it to be 100% factory correct i suggest decoding your m-plate to find out how it left the factory and go from there

Hope this helps
Sam

Latest posts