Recommend load rated 185/70/14s?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananacustard

Reaction score
I'm running 185/70/14s on the front of my bus. The size is great with no rubbing etc but they flex a lot and need really high pressures to remain rigid (45psi plus). Also little cracks are appearing in the side walls. Could anyone recommend a suitable tyre in this size with a suitable commercial load rating for a heavy bus (heavy devon interior, various stuff and a family of 4)?

Cheers, J

I had 4 Toyo HO8 tyres fitted 3 years ago.

Brilliant tyres, fully load rated and reinforced 8ply C rated tyres.

Exactly what should be fitted. Also, they are actually made in Japan, so quality of manufacture will be high.

http://www.toyo.co.uk/commercial/pattern/h08" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Toyo are now OEM suppliers for some Lexus, Audi, Mazda and Toyota models, so that's proof in itself.

I have a different Toyo set on my Golf, and can also vouch for them.

Hope this helps - I don't work for Toyo either!

Any tyre in that size will have the exact same load rating. Unless you get an XL (extra load) tyre which will give you 2 more on the load scale. Common error to assume different brands offer different load ratings.

hello

i use continental vanco

been on my van for 3 years and still going strong

and thats with lots of use

i also find they work very well in the snow, the wet,and the ice

when i go home every end of the year too were i live in sweden we get lots of snow

i think they are a good hard compound that they use

hope it help you

karl

Another thumbs up for continental vanco's, had them on my T4, great fun in the snow :D
Vanco 4 season, that is.

aspro said:
Any tyre in that size will have the exact same load rating. Unless you get an XL (extra load) tyre which will give you 2 more on the load scale. Common error to assume different brands offer different load ratings.

Yeah, I see what you mean in regards to load rating - most are around 88.

But not all of them will have the correct load range/reinforcement? Shouldn't they be 6/8 ply minimum for commercial, which is the main difference for structural integrity?

Standard car tyres are around 2 ply I think. Having said that, some modern cars are not far off the weight of a fully laden van these days! But I guess they don't have a large 70 profile sidewall to contend with.

Cheers folks , the vancos sound great but don't seem to be available in 185/70/14. As suggested all the tyres in this size seem to be 88 rated.

hello

i look on my bill of sale

and tyre is listed as continental vanco 2

185R14C 102/100Q

Q = 100MPH

100 = 800KG load rating

it does not have the profile so put 185 width and 14" wheel size , speed and load do not put anything and it will come up with the info i used this web page to check it for you but there is cheaper around http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

karl

Latest posts